- About us
- Courses and Programs
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy (Top End)
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
- English as a Second Language
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Business (Top End)
- Business and IT (Central)
- Commercial Cookery and Bakery (Top End)
- Information Technology and Library Studies (Top End)
- Sales and Personal Services (Top End)
- Tourism and Hospitality (Central)
- Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation (Top End)
- Automotive and Civil
- Construction, Drafting and Industry Skills Training
- Electrotechnology (Top End)
- Metal Trades and Maritime
- National Transport and Logistics Training
- Trades (Central)
- VET Businesses
Business and Employers
We provide assistance to study assistance to students during their studies.
We are a provider approved to deliver government subsidised training places under the NT Training Entitlement to eligible students at the Certificate III level or higher.
If you need to meet your compulsory Training Benchmark or risk cancellation of your 457 sponsorship, CDU offers solutions for 457 Visa Training Benchmarks A and B in the Northern Territory.
The multi-award winning Desert Lantern restaurant is set in relaxed rural bush surroundings with a magnificent view of the majestic MacDonnell Ranges.
The Desert Lantern, or Abutilon Leucopetalum, is a species of plant found in the Central Australian region with large yellow flowers. It grows on hillsides and is commonly found at the base of rocks throughout the region, typically flowering after rain. Western Arrernte people are reputed to eat the cooked roots.
The industry-standard Desert Lantern restaurant is regularly open to the public for lunch and dinner. As a training restaurant,our cookery students provide a variety of meals including five-course, silver service and international cuisine, served by hospitality students.
The bar stocks a variety of renowned Australian wines and the students are trained in the finer art of cocktail making.
We highly recommend that you book in advance. Special one-off cooking classes are also available.
For more details of classes or to make a reservation, please T: 08 8959 5200.
For more information download the Desert Lantern training restaurant flyer (pdf 247KB)