- About us
- Courses and Programs
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy (Top End)
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
- English as a Second Language
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Business (Top End)
- Business and IT (Central)
- Commercial Cookery and Bakery (Top End)
- Information Technology and Library Studies (Top End)
- Sales and Personal Services (Top End)
- Tourism and Hospitality (Central)
- Tourism and Hospitality and Recreation (Top End)
- Automotive and Civil
- Construction, Drafting and Industry Skills Training
- Electrotechnology (Top End)
- Metal Trades and Maritime
- National Transport and Logistics Training
- Trades (Central)
- VET Businesses
Business and Employers
We provide assistance to study assistance to students during their studies.
We are a provider approved to deliver government subsidised training places under the NT Training Entitlement to eligible students at the Certificate III level or higher.
If you need to meet your compulsory Training Benchmark or risk cancellation of your 457 sponsorship, CDU offers solutions for 457 Visa Training Benchmarks A and B in the Northern Territory.
April 4, 2014
Dear IELTS Test Candidate,
Please be advised there will be a change to the order in which the IELTS test components are administered from Saturday April 5, 2014.
The IELTS tests will be taken in the following order:
The IELTS test centre will be closed on the following Fridays:
Friday 9 May 2014
Friday 13 June 2014
Friday 4 July 2014
Friday 8 August 2014
Friday 12 September 2014
Friday 3 October 2014
Friday 24 October 2014
Friday 28 November 2014
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any questions please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page first, and if your query hasn't been answered there please contact us.
IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, accepted for study, work and migration. Two million IELTS tests have been taken in the past year. More than 8,000 institutions and organisations worldwide accept IELTS results. These include universities, colleges, professional registration bodies, employers and governments. You have a choice of two versions of IELTS – an academic version and a non-academic version. These are known as IELTS Academic and General Training.
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
The academic modules assess whether a candidate is ready to study or train in the medium of English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses should be based on the results of these modules. The academic modules assess whether a candidate is ready to study or train in the medium of English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses should be based on the results of these modules.
The general training modules emphasise basic survival skills in a broad social and educational context. General training is suitable for candidates who are going to English speaking countries to complete their secondary education, to undertake work experience or training programs not at degree level, or for immigration purposes to Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
|Speaking:||11 to 14 minutes|
|2014 IELTS test dates - Darwin|
|Test Day - Listening, Reading, Writing|
Speaking tests*Please read important information below
|Academic test||General test|
|Saturday 01 February 2014||Friday and Saturday||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 15 March 2014||Friday and Saturday||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 05 April 2014||Friday and Saturday||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 17 May 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 21 June 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 12 July 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 16 August 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 20 September 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 11 October 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 01 November 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 06 December 2014||Friday and Saturday||Available||Available|
|*IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SPEAKING TESTS: Speaking tests in Darwin are scheduled on Friday (before the test day) or Saturday (test day). To register for an IELTS test, you need to submit your application at least 5 weeks before the test date|
|2014 IELTS test dates - Alice Springs|
|Test Day - Listening, Reading, Writing||Speaking tests*Please read important information below||Academic test||General test|
|Saturday 15 February 2014||Thursday and Friday||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 12 April 2014||Thursday and Friday||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 07 June 2014||Thursday and Friday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 02 August 2014||Thursday and Friday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 18 October 2014||Thursday and Friday||Available||Available|
|Saturday 13 December 2014||Thursday and Friday||Available||Available|
|*IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SPEAKING TESTS: Speaking tests are conducted on Thursday and Friday before the Test Day. While candidates can advise of their preferred speaking test day/time, the IELTS staff cannot guarantee that the candidate will receive that allocation.|
To familiarise candidates with the format and contents of the test and to allow them to assess their readiness, candidates can enrol in the IELTS Intensive Preparation Workshop. The workshop is held three days before the IELTS test.
The IELTS Intensive Preparation Workshop is held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The intensive workshop package fee is $260.00. This includes:
- IELTS Official Practice Materials Pack with CD
- IELTS Intensive Preparation Workshop Booklet
- practice test materials
The IELTS Official Practice Materials Pack with CD can be purchased from the Test Centre for $40.00.
|2014 Workshop dates|
|27, 28 & 29 January 2014||11, 12 & 13 August 2014|
|10, 11, 12 March 2014||15,16 & 17 September 2014|
|31 March; 1 & 2 April 2014||6, 7 & 8 October 2014|
|12, 13 & 14 May 2014||17, 18 & 19 November 2014|
|16, 17 & 18 June 2014||1, 2 & 3December 2014|
|7, 8 & 9 July 2014|
Applications are required at least six weeks before the test.
All candidates must submit a completed GST Form with their IELTS Application Form. Your application to sit an IELTS test will not be processed without the GST Form.
Candidates can collect application forms from the IELTS Reception Area, located at Casuarina campus, Orange Precinct, Building 4, Level 2, or download IELTS Application form (pdf 308KB).
To make a booking please follow these steps:
F: 08 8946 6327
Once these documents are received, we will contact you to hold your booking place. Places will only be held for maximum of five working days. Please be advised, we cannot guarantee that your preferred test date will still be available by the time we receive your faxed or emailed application.
2. To confirm your place candidates must submit the following:
- GST form
- application form (Darwin or Alice Springs)
- a photocopy of your passport showing the photograph and signature
- 2 x passport size photos
- payment for test
F: 08 8946 6327
3. Post the following:
- original GST form
- application form (Darwin or Alice Springs)
- two passport size photos
- a photocopy of your passport
to the following address:
IELTS Test Centre - AU120
Building 4, Orange Precinct
Charles Darwin University
Darwin, NT, 0909
We will contact you to confirm receipt. This also serves as test booking confirmation.
In Darwin payment can be made:
- online: webpay.cdu.edu.au
- at the IELTS Test Centre, Darwin (credit card only)
- at the Cashiers Office on the Casuarina campus(debit/credit card and cash payments)
Ground Floor, Orange 1
In Alice Springs payment can be made:
- online: webpay.cdu.edu.au
- Cashier's Office on the Alice Springs campus
Alice Springs campus
Candidates are required to be at the test venue 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the test. Please arrive no later than 8.30am for Test Registration.
Darwin candidates must assemble at the entrance to Building Orange 4, Casuarina campus. Alice Springs candidates will be informed of their venue before the test date. From there candidates will proceed to the examination room.
- On the day of the test, candidates must provide their passport as evidence of identity.
- Candidates must not be late for the test. No special test will be given to candidates who miss any of their four modules.
- If a candidate is absent on the test day without prior notice, the full test fee will be forfeited. If exceptional circumstances apply, then the fee may be refunded with a $90.75 (GST inc) administration charge.
- A re-booking fee of $90.75 (Darwin test, GST inc) applies if a candidate wishes to postpone, defer, or move to another test date. A rebooking fee of $130.35 (GST inc) applies to Alice Springs tests. A minimum of five weeks notice before the test must be given. Re-bookings are allowed only once and no refund will be given if candidates decide to cancel.
- Any candidates who cancel and request a refund must do so a minimum of five weeks before the test. A request for refund form must be submitted. The test fee is refunded less 25 percent of the test fee.
Results are issued 13 days after the test date.
Test centres are not permitted to give results over the phone or by fax or email.
Candidates will only receive one copy of their test result. Additional copies can be mailed to DIBP, University admission offices and/or other authorised institutions (migration agents and lawyers are not authorised to receive TRFs).
Preview your test results here.
Note: candidates caught cheating will not be issued with a test result.
- Enquiry on Results (EOR) fee $176.00
- Test results reprinting fee $16.50
- Darwin test re-booking fee $90.75
- Alice Springs test re-booking fee $130.35
The IELTS office is located on the 2nd floor of Building Orange 4, Casuarina campus, Charles Darwin University.
The IELTS reception desk opening hours are:
Mon, Tue and Thu 10am - 3.30pm
Wed 10am - 5.30pm
Fri 10am - 2.30pm
For more information about IELTS please go to www.ielts.org