School of Environment
For further information please contact the School of Environment
- T: (08) 8946 6781
- F: (08) 8946 6847
Students will explore the wider significance of human impacts on the environment and undertake specialisations and units that focus on such areas.
Charles Darwin University specialises in Indigenous knowledge, and tropical and desert knowledge of the Australian and Asia-Pacific region.
Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Environmental Science offer students unique opportunities to engage in field work in the region.
For High Schools
Charles Darwin University's Faculty of Engineering, Health, Science and the Environment (EHSE) proudly supports the learning of NT Secondary Students by ensuring they have the same learning opportunities as their fellow southern students.
PhD, BSc(Hons), Associate Diploma in Applied Biology
Lecturer, Environmental Science
- I have research interests in tropical savannas and how vegetation has adapted to the physical environment imposed by a wet-dry tropical climate as experienced in northern Australia.
- I work on carbon and water cycling in tropical and temperate Eucalypt dominated ecosystems and in particular the impact of fire, grazing and weed invasion on these processes.
- Work on carbon dynamics and fire is incorporated into climate models that attempt to describe feedbacks between landscape process and climate change.
- ARC Discovery Grant, 2003-2005, DP0344744 - $280 000, Prof NJ Tapper, Dr J Beringer, Dr L.B. Hutley. 'ST Siems Fire Scar Impacts on Surface Heat and Moisture Fluxes in Australia's Tropical Savanna and Feedbacks to Local and Regional Climate'.
- ARC Discovery Grant, 2004-2006, DP0451247 - $440 000, Dr J Beringer, Dr L.B. Hutley, Prof. D McGuire, 'Sustainable futures of Australian temperate forests: An investigation of coupled carbon, water and energy exchanges from hourly to centennial timescales'.
- Member, ARC Network for Earth System Science 2005-2009 $1.94M.
- National Action Plan for Salinity & Water Quality (2005), Mr Peter Jolly, Dr Lindsay Hutley, Dr Peter Cook, $144 000, 'Impacts of clearing and development on the magnitude and quality of dry season spring flows into the Daly River'.
- CDU Internal Grant (2006) Dr Penny Wurm, Tropical Savanna CRC, Dr Lindsay Hutley, Dr Sam Setterfield and Prof Ian Falk. 'Has the MTEM program made an impact on the practice of its graduates?' $6100.
- Natural Heritage Trust and National Action Plan for Water Quality and Salinity 2006. Dr David Liddle, Dr Lindsay Hutley, Dr Guy Boggs, Dr Diane Pearson. 'Biophysical Modelling of Water Quality in a Darwin Rural Area Groundwater Dependent Ecosystem', 2006-2008, $287 000.
- ARC Linkage Grant 2007-2009 $190 000 (ARC), $90 000 (Industry partners) LP0774812. Dr L.B.Hutley, Dr J Beringer, Dr SK Arndt, Dr S Livesley, Dr GD Cook and Dr K Butterbach-Bahl. 'Integrative assessment of disturbance and land-use change on total greenhouse gas balance and nutrient cycling in savanna ecosystems'.
- ARC Discovery Grant 2007-2009, $660 000 DP0772981. Dr J Beringer, A/Prof JM Hacker, Prof K Paw U, Dr BG Neininger and Dr L.B.Hutley. 'Patterns and processes of carbon and water budgets across northern Australian landscapes: from point to region'.
- Tropical Rivers and Coastal Knowledge Research Hub (TRaCK) Project $432 000. Dr Peter Cook, Dr Lindsay Hutley, Guy Boggs, Dr David Jones, Dr Renee Bartolo (2007-2010). 'Catchment water budgets and water resource assessment'.
Postgraduate Students and Post-Doctoral Supervision Students
- Georgina Kelley (PhD) 1997 – 2002 (completed)'Tree, soil and groundwater dynamics of savanna vegetation' Co-supervisor with Prof Derek Eamus
- Chen Xiaoyong (PhD) 1998 – 2003 (completed) 'Carbon balance of tropical savanna of northern Australia' Co-supervisor with Prof Derek Eamus
- Natalie Rossiter (BSc Hons) 2001 (1st Class Honours) 'Comparative ecophysiology and fire ecology of native and exotic savanna grasses' Co-supervisor with Dr Michael Douglas and Dr Samantha Setterfield
- Natalie Rossiter (PhD) currently enrolled, 2002-2007 'Impacts of invasive grasses on ecosystem processes in Australia's tropical savannas' Co-supervisor with Dr Michael Douglas and Dr Samantha Setterfield
- Paul Davey (MTEM) 2001-2002 (completed) 'Soil carbon stocks in semi-arid savanna under differing land-uses' Supervisor with Dr Dick Williams, CSIRO, Darwin
- Michelle Allnut (MTEM) 2001-2002 (completed) 'Coarse and fine root biomass and distribution, in semi-arid savanna' Supervisor with Dr Dick Williams, CSIRO, Darwin
- Peter Clifton (BSc Hons) 2004 (1st Class Honours) 'Germination microclimate of invaded tropical savannas' Supervisor with Dr Michael Douglas and Dr Samantha Setterfield, CDU
- James Collins (BSc Hons) 2004 (2A Honours) 'Use of radar for biomass estimation in tropical savannas' Supervisor with Dr Guy Boggs (CDU), Dr Dick Williams (CSIRO) and Dr Daren Bell (Geospatial Consultants Australia)
- Mr David Rose (BSc Hons) 2005-2007 (2B Honours) 'Contribution of coarse woody debris to ecosystem respiration in tropical savannas' Supervisor with Dr Dick Williams (CSIRO)
- Mr Stephen Beyer (BSc Hons) currently enrolled, 2005-2007 'The Impact of Fire and Grazing on Soil Fauna Diversity and its Physico-chemical Properties' Co-supervisor with Assoc Prof Karen Gibb
- Mr Stephen J Reynolds (PhD) currently enrolled, 2005-2007 'Influence of refugia substrate and microenvironment on water balance of fossorial, arboreal and semi-aquatic frogs' Co-supervisor with Professor Keith Christian
- Kenichi Kurioka (PhD) currently enrolled, 2006-2007 'The effect of global warming and atmospheric CO2 elevation on carbon dynamics of Mountain Ash forests along a chronosequences' Supervisor with Dr Jason Beringer, Monash University (External)
- Christopher Wendt (PhD) currently enrolled, 2002-2008 'Savanna fire scar impacts on regional climate' External supervisor with Prof Nigel Tapper and Dr Jason Beringer, Monash University
- Musa Kilinc (PhD) currently enrolled, 2005-2007 'The carbon, water and energy fluxes of an old-growth Mountain Ash forest' External supervisor with Dr Jason Beringer and Prof Nigel Tapper Monash University
- Andrew Edwards (PhD) currently enrolled, 2006-2008 'Assessing fire severity using remote sensing in tropical savannas' Supervisor with Dr Jeremy Russell-Smith (NT Bushfires Council), Dr Dick Williams (CSIRO) and Dr Stefan Meir (CDU)
- Mr Alex Henke (Trainee studentship at CDU, Masters by Research, University of Leipzig, Institute of Geology and Geophysics) July 2006-Feb 2007 'Contribution of riparian vegetation and monsoon vine forest patches to catchment water balance of the Howard River catchment'
- Mr Kim Orchard (BSc Hons) July 2007- July 2008 'Growth rates and water use efficiencies in woody plants of the seasonal tropics of north Australia' Supervisor with Dr Lucas Cernusak (CDU)
Post Doctoral Fellows
- Dr Lucas A. Cernusak - March 2004 – March 2005, October 2007– October 2009
- Dr David J. Wilson - May 2005 – May 2006
- Dr Dimity Boggs - February 2007– August 2008
- Dr Samantha Grover - July 2007 – July 2009
Undergraduate Training and Research Opportunity Scheme (UTROP) – Student Supervisions
- Mr Grant Staben 2003
- Ms Sally Jacka 2004
- Ms Kathryn Ryan 2005
- Ms Hannah Brodie-Hall 2005-2006
Expert Reviewer - Peer-review journals
- Austral Ecology
- Global Ecology and Biogeography Letters
- Australian Journal of Botany
- Ecological Applications
- The Rangelands Journal
- Journal of Tropical Ecology
- International Journal of Wildland Fire
- Functional Plant Biology
- Plant Ecology
- Tree Physiology
- Journal of Climate
- Journal of Arid Environments
- Hydrological Processes
- Global Change Biology
ARC Discovery Program, Assessor / Inter-Reader 2004
Invited reviewer for First Order Draft of the 2006 International Panel on Climate Change, Inventory Guidelines. Reported on Volume 4 - Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU), April 2005.
Invited reviewer, IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventories, September-October 2005.
Invited participant to the Biocomplexity in African Savannas (BAS) workshop, Sabie, South Africa March, 2006.
Published works (2005 - current)
Invited book chapters
Hutley L.B., Setterfield S.A. (2008) Savannas, in S.E. Jorgensen & B.D. Faith (eds.) Encyclopedia of Ecology, 1st Edition, Volume 4, 3143-3154 pp, Elsevier B.V., Oxford.
Gorman J.T., Williams R.J., Russell-Smith J., Hutley L. B., Cook G.D. (2007) A case for indigenous fire management, in M.K. Luckert, B.M. Campbell, J.T. Gorman, S.T. Garnett (eds.) Investing in Indigenous Natural Resource Management, Charles Darwin University Press, 107 pp.
Williams R.J., Barrett D., Cook G.D., Gill M, Hutley L.B., Liedloff A.C., Myers B.A. and Woinarski J.C.Z.R. (2009) Landscape-scale fire research in northern Australia: delivering multiple benefits in a changing world, in J. Russell-Smith (Eds.) Culture, Ecology and Economy of Fire Management in North Australian Savannas, Charles Darwin University Press.
Hutley L.B., Beringer J. (2010, in review) Flux dynamics in a northern Australian tropical savanna, In M.J. Hill, N.P. Hanan (eds.) Ecosystem Function in Savannas: Measurement and Modeling at Landscape to Global Scales CRC/Taylor and Francis Press.
Setterfield S.A., Hutley, L.B. (in prep, 2010 ). Fire: an ecosystem sculptor. In Plants in Action Adaptation in Nature — Performance in Cultivation (2nd edn., Palgrave Macmillan – Australia).
Cook G.D., Liedloff A.C., Eager R.W., Chen X., Williams R.J., O’Grady A.P, Hutley L.B. (2005) 'The estimation of carbon budgets of frequently burnt tree stands in savannas of northern Australia, using allometric analysis and isotopic discrimination.' Australian Journal of Botany 53: 621–630.
Chen X., Hutley L.B., Eamus D. (2005) 'Soil organic carbon content at a range of north Australian tropical savannas with contrasting site histories.' Plant and Soil 268: 161-171.
Setterfield S.A., Douglas M.M., Hutley L.B., Welch M.A. (2005) 'Effects of canopy cover and ground disturbance on establishment of an invasive grass in an Australia savanna.' Biotropica 37: 25-31.
Hutley L.B., Leuning R., Beringer J. and Cleugh H.A. (2005) 'The utility of the eddy covariance techniques as a tool in carbon accounting: tropical savanna as a case study.' Australian Journal of Botany 53: 663-675.
Williams R.J., Zerihun A., Montagu K., Hoffman M., Hutley L.B., Chen X. (2005) 'Allometry for estimating aboveground tree biomass in tropical and subtropical eucalypt woodlands: towards general predictive equations.' Australian Journal of Botany 53: 607-619.
Barrett D., Hill M., Hutley L.B., Beringer J., Xu J., Cook G.D., Carter J., Williams R.J. (2005) 'Prospects for improving savanna biophysical models using multiple constraints model-data assimilation methods.' Australian Journal of Botany 53: 689-714.
Cernusak L.A, Hutley L.B., Beringer B., Tapper N.J. (2006) 'Stem and leaf gas exchange and their responses to fire in a north-Australian tropical savanna.' Plant, Cell and Environment 29: 632–646.
Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J., Cernusak L.A. (2007) 'Savanna fires and their impact on net ecosystem productivity in north Australia.' Global Change Biology 13: 990–1004.
Wendt C.W., Beringer J., Tapper N.J., Hutley L.B. (2007) 'Local boundary layer development over burnt and unburnt tropical savanna: an observational study.' Boundary-Layer Meteorology 124: 291–304.
Martin D., Beringer J., Hutley L.B. McHugh I., (2007) 'Carbon cycling in a mountain ash forest: analysis of below ground respiration.' Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 147: 58-70.
Schymanski S.J., Roderick M.L., Sivapalan M., Hutley L.B., Beringer J. (2007) 'A test of the optimality approach to modelling canopy properties and CO2 uptake by natural vegetation.' Plant, Cell and Environment 30: 1586-1598.
Kelley G., O’Grady A.P., Hutley L.B., Eamus D. (2007) 'A comparison of tree water use in two contiguous vegetation communities of the seasonally dry tropics of northern Australia: the importance of site water budget to tree hydraulics.' Australian Journal of Botany 55: 700-708.
Schymanski, S.J., Roderick M.L, Sivapalan M., Hutley L.B., Beringer J. (2008) 'A canopy scale test of the optimal water use hypothesis.' Plant, Cell and Environment 31: 97-111
Rossiter-Rachor, N.A., Setterfield, S.A., Douglas, M.M., Hutley, L.B., Cook, G.D. (2008) 'Andropogon gayanus (Gamba grass) invasion increases fire-mediated nitrogen losses in the tropical savannas of northern Australia.' Ecosystems 11(1):77-88
Schymanski S.J., Sivapalan M., Roderick M.L., Beringer J., Hutley L.B. (2008) 'An optimality-based model of the coupled soil moisture and root dynamics'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 12: 913-932
Wood S., Beringer J., Hutley L.B., McGuire D.A., Van Dijk A. (2008) 'Impacts of fire on forest age and runoff in mountain ash forests.' Functional Plant Biology 35: 483-492
Collins J., Hutley L.B., Williams R.J., Boggs G., Bell D., Bartolo R. (2009) 'Estimating landscape-scale vegetation carbon stocks using airborne multi-frequency polarimetric synthetic aperture radar (SAR) in the savannas of north Australia.' International Journal of Remote Sensing 30: 1141–1159
Rossiter-Rachor N.A., Setterfield S.A., Douglas M.M., Hutley L.B., Cook P.G., Schmidt S. (2009) 'Invasive Andropogon gayanus (Gamba grass) is an ecosystem transformer of nitrogen relations in Australia's tropical savanna.' Ecological Applications (in press, accepted 22 July 2008)
Schymanski S. J., Sivapalan M., Roderick M.L., Hutley L.B., Beringer J. (2009) 'An optimality-based model of the dynamic feedbacks between natural vegetation and the water balance'. Water Resources Research, 45: W01412, doi:10.1029/2008WR006841.
Lehmann C.E.R., Ratnam J., Hutley L.B. (2009) 'Which of these is not like the other? Continental comparisons of tropical savannas: key questions and challenges.' New Phytologist 181: 508–511.
Guerschman J.P., Van Dijk, A.I., Mattersdorf G., Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Leuning R.L., Pipunic R.C., Sherman B.S. (2009) 'Scaling of potential evapotranspiration with MODIS data reproduces flux observations and catchment water balance observations across Australia.' Journal of Hydrology (in press, accepted 13 January 2009 )
Kanniah K.D., Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J., Zhu X (2009) 'Evaluation of collections 4 and 5 of the MODIS gross primary productivity product and algorithm improvement at a tropical savanna site in Northern Australia.' Remote Sensing of Environment (in press, accepted August 2008)
Kanniah K.D., Beringer J., Tapper N.J., Long C.N., Hutley L.B. and X. Zhu (2009) 'Interactions between aerosols, solar radiation, and net ecosystem productivity in northern Australian savannas.' Agricultural and Forest Meteorology (in review)
Rossiter-Rachor N.A., Setterfield S.A., Hutley L.B., Douglas, M.M. 'Alien grass invasion alters ecosystem processes: Andropogon gayanus (Gamba grass) accelerates litter decomposition and nitrogen return in a northern Australian tropical savanna.' Biological Invasions (in review)
Cook G.D., Williams R.J., Stokes C., Hutley L.B., Ash A.J., (2009) 'Managing sources and sinks of greenhouse gases in Australia’s rangelands and tropical savannas.' Remote Sensing of Environment (in review)
Clifton, P.J., Hutley, L.B., Setterfield, S.A. and Douglas, M.M. (2010). 'Effects of exotic grass invasion on ground-level microclimate and woody seedling recruitment in a northern Australian savanna.' Austral Ecology, (in review).
Beringer J., Ellis C., Hutley L.B. (2010) 'The effect of climate change on the carbon and water budgets of Northern Australian tropical savannas using an artificial neural network approach.' Global Change Biology (in review)
Zhang Y. Leuning R., Hutley L.B., Beringer J., McHugh I. (2010) 'Use of long-term water balances to parameterize surface conductances for estimating regional evaporation.' Remote Sensing of Environment (in review)
50. Yi C., Ricciut D., and 56 others including Hutley L.B. (2009) 'Climate control of terrestrial carbon exchange'. Nature (in review)
Schymanski S.J., Sivapalan M., Roderick M.L., Beringer J., Hutley L.B. (2005) 'A test of the optimality approach to modelling canopy gas exchange by natural vegetation'. Presentation to the American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting, 5-9 December 2005, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Williams R.J., Hutley L.B., Beringer J., Cook G.D., Russell-Smith J., Liedloff A (2005) 'Bio-sequestration of carbon in Australia’s tropical savannas: capacity, uncertainties and opportunities', Greenhouse 2005, Melbourne, 13-17 November, 2005.
Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J. (2005) 'Carbon sink/source strength of an Australian savanna and the role of fire'. Greenhouse 2005, Melbourne, 13-17 November, 2005.
Hutley L.B., Setterfield S. A., Douglas M.M., Rossiter N., Barrett J. (2005) 'Ecohydrological impacts of invasive grasses on tropical savanna in north Australia', Ecological Society of Australia 2005, The University of Queensland, 29 November-2 December 2005.
Kanniah1 K.D., Tapper N.J., Beringer J., Long C., Hutley L.B., Zhu X. (2006) 'Responses of a tropical savannas carbon exchange to smoke aerosols in Northern Australia'. International Geographical Union Regional Conference, ‘Regional Responses to Global Change’, Brisbane 3-7 July, 2006.
Rossiter, N.A., Setterfield, S.A., Douglas, M.M., Hutley, L.B. and Cook, G.D. (2006). 'The impact of exotic grass invasions of nitrogen cycling: A mini-review'. In: Proceedings of the 15th Australian Weeds Conference, ‘Managing Weeds in a Changing Climate’ (Eds., C. Preston, J.H. Watts and N.D. Crossman), Weed Management Society of South Australia, Adelaide, 24-28 September 2006, pp 815-818.
Beringer J, Hutley L. B., M. Kilinc, A. D. McGuire, and I. McHugh (2006) 'Water, energy and carbon fluxes from the world's tallest anigosperm (Eucalyptus regnans) at Wallaby Creek, south-eastern Australia', OzFlux national meeting 3-4 July 2006 Monash University, Australia.
Beringer J, Hutley L. B., M. Kilinc, A. D. McGuire, and I. McHugh (2006) 'Water, energy and carbon fluxes from the world's tallest anigosperm (Eucalyptus regnans) at Wallaby Creek, south-eastern Australia', International Geographical Union Conference "Regional Responses to Global Changes A view from the Antipodes" 3-7 July 2006 Brisbane, Australia. www.igu2006.org/
Beringer J, Hutley L.B. (2006) 'Impact of fire on the carbon cycle of Australian savannas', Workshop on Earth System Feedbacks: Vulnerability of the Carbon Cycle to Drought and Fire, Canberra, Australia, 5-8 June 2006, Global Carbon Project.
Beringer J and K. Görgen, Hutley L. B., A. H. Lynch, A. Marshall and N. J. Tapper (2006) 'Impact of savanna burning on surface properties and feedbacks to local and regional climate', 27th Conference on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 22-25 May (San Diego, CA), session 2.1. http://ams.confex.com/ams/BLTAgFBioA/techprogram/paper_110950.htm
Beringer J, Hutley L. B., M. Kilinc, A. D. McGuire and I. McHugh (2006) 'Water, energy and carbon fluxes from the world's tallest anigosperm (Eucalyptus regnans) at Wallaby Creek, south-eastern Australia', 27th Conference on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 22-25 May (San Diego, CA), session 5.1. http://ams.confex.com/ams/BLTAgFBioA/techprogram/paper_110947.htm
Beringer J., Hutley L.B., McGuire D., Kilinc M., D’Argent N., Kurioka K., Wood S., McHugh I. (2007) 'Productivity of world’s tallest anigosperm (Eucalyptus regnans) at Wallaby Creek, south-eastern Australia', Ecofizz 2007, The University of Western Sydney, 27 and 28 September, 2007.
Hutley L.B., Wilson D.J., Cook P.G., Tickell S., Jolly P., Beringer J. (2007) 'Clearing impacts on savanna water balance in the Daly River region of north Australia'. Ecofizz-2007, University of Western Sydney, 27 and 28 September, 2007.
Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J., Cernusak L.A. (2007) 'Where does the carbon go? Carbon dynamics and fire of a north Australian tropical savanna', presentation to American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, 10-14 December 2007.
Schymanski S.J., Sivapalan M., Roderick M.L., Beringer J., Hutley L.B. (2007) 'Optimality and soil water-vegetation dynamics', poster presentation to American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, 10-14 December 2007.
Kilinc M., Beringer J., Tapper N.J., Hutley L.B. (2008), 'Biophysical controls of carbon exchange in old growth Mountain Ash stands', Eos. Trans. AGU, 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B25A-10
Isaac P., Beringer J. Hutley L.B., Wood S. (2008) 'Spatial patterns in energy, water and carbon budgets over Australian tropical savanna'. Eos. Trans. AGU, 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B34A-05
Beringer J., Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J., Cernusak L., Kanniah K. (2008) 'Northern Australian savannas are observed as a strong carbon sink: Where does all the carbon go?' Eos Trans. AGU, 89(23), Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B25A-06
Wood S., Beringer J., Isaac P., Tapper N.J., Hutley L.B. (2008) 'Variability of carbon, water and energy fluxes in the Australia’s Top End'. Eos Trans. AGU, 89(23), Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B25A-07
Wood S., Beringer J., Isaac P., Tapper N.J., Hutley L.B. (2008) 'Variability of carbon, water and energy fluxes in the Australia’s Top End'. Eos Trans. AGU, 89(23), Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B25A-07
Hutley L.B., Isaac P., Beringer J., Cook P.G., Weinmann R. (2008) 'Seasonal patterns of evapotranspiration from cleared and uncleared tropical savanna: implications for catchment water balance in the wet-dry tropics'. Eos Trans. AGU, 89(23), Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting, Abstract B25A-09
Boggs D., Boggs G., Hutley L.B., Liddle D., Yin Foo D., Gray P., Pearson D., Elliott L. 'Biophysical modelling of water use and change in monsoon vine thickets'. Eos Trans. AGU 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting Abstract B25A-14
Kilinc M. Beringer J. Tapper N.J. Hutley L.B. (2008) 'Biophysical controls of carbon exchange in old growth Mountain Ash stands'. Eos Trans. AGU 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting Abstract B25A-10
Livesley S.J., Grover S., Jamali H., Arndt S., Berringer J., Isaac P., Cook G., Butterbach-Bahl K., Hutley L.B. (2008) 'Continuous measurement of soil carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide and methane exchange in an unburnt savanna woodland in Howard Springs, NT, Australia'. Eos Trans. AGU 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting Abstract B34A-03
Grover S., Arndt S., Livesley S.J., Jamali H., Berringer J., Isaac P., Cook G., Butterbach-Bahl K., Hutley L.B. (2008) 'Clearing savanna woodland to cattle grazed pasture and the greenhouse gas balance (carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide and methane) of the Douglas-Daly region, Australia'. Eos Trans. AGU 89(23) Western Pacific Geophysical Meeting Abstract B34A-04.
Grover S., Hutley, L.B., Arndt S., Livesley S., Cook G., Beringer J., Butterbach-Bahl K. (2008) 'Integrative assessment of disturbance and land-use change on total greenhouse gas balance and nutrient cycling in savanna ecosystems'. Poster presentation, European Geosciences Union, General Assembly 2008, Vienna, Austria, 13 – 18 April.
J. Beringer, Hutley L.B., Tapper N.J., Cernusak L.A., Lynch A.H., Görgen K., Abramson D., Uotila P. (2009) 'Fire in Australian Savannas: from leaf to landscape', ILEAPS Science Conference, 24-28 August 2009.
Wilson D., Cook P.G., Hutley L.B., Tickell S., and Jolly P. (2006) 'Effect of land use on estimates of evapotranspiration and recharge in the Daly River catchment'. Northern Territory Department of Natural Resources the Environment and the Arts, Technical Report No. 17/2006D.
Douglas M.M., Setterfield S.A., Hutley L.B., Rossiter-Rachor N.A. (2008) 'Summary of recent research on Gamba grass impacts'. Tropical Savannas Management CRC, Charles Darwin University, Darwin NT.
P: +61 8 8946 7103
F: +61 8 8946 7107
Location: Casuarina campus, Building Yellow 2, Level 2, Room 28
School of Environmental and Life Sciences
Charles Darwin University
Darwin NT 0909