Cyclone Emergency General Advice
The cyclone season officially commences on 1 November and ceases on 30 April, but cyclonic events have been known to occur outside this period. Cyclones affect coastal areas up to at least 50 km inland from the sea.
Finance and Asset Services have prepared Cyclone Emergency General Advice (.pdf, 180KB) to remind staff and students of the processes to be followed.
The advice includes information on:
- Action Required Upon Issuance of a Cyclone Watch;
- Action Required Upon Issuance of a Cyclone Warning; and
- Return to work.
Please refer to the following web sites:
Useful information about Cyclones and how to be prepared in the case of a cyclone.
- Bureau of Meteorology Northern Territory weather and warnings
- Public Safety Advice
- Northern Territory Emergency Servces cyclone publications
- Northern Territory Emergency Services floods website
- Northern Territory Emergency Services earthquakes website
- Northern Territory Emergency Services severe storms website