For further information please contact Student Central
- T: (08) 8946 7766
- 1800 061 963 (freecall)
- Why choose CDU?
- Study externally
- Study on campus
- Application and entry requirements
- Enrolment information
- Pathways to Study
- How do I apply for a course?
- Advanced Standing
- Class timetables
- Course progression
- Fees and payments
- Assignment and Study skills help
- Concerns and complaints
- External Student Support (ESS)
- Information Technology Support
- Learnline student support
- Careers and employment
- Disability services
- National Disability Coordination Officer (NDCO)
- Information for CDU staff
For further information please contact the Office of Research and Innovation
- T: (08) 8946 6090
- F: (08) 8946 7066
Business & Government
International students who have recently completed their studies may request a Letter of Completion. This letter is only provided to students whose status has changed to “complete” on the student system and are eligible to graduate.
Prior to submitting a request to obtain a Letter of Completion you must submit the Nomination to Graduate form (EGT104) to the Information Centre (Casuarina Campus, Building Orange 1 or by email to email@example.com).
Please ensure you write 'International for visa purposes' on the top of the form and highlight it. After you have submitted the Nomination to Graduate form, please ensure you logon to MYSTUDENT INFO and check if your status has changed to 'Complete'.
Once your status has changed to 'Complete' you can then apply for a Letter of Completion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, certain students may require letters confirming their status as students at Charles Darwin University. These letters are often required by governments, institutions and other bodies. These letters include the following:
- Program of study
- Date commenced
- Expected completion
- Percentage of course completed
On special request, fees paid or due for a given semester can be indicated on the letter. You must clearly request this in the online form.
In order to request a confirmation letter, please send an email to email@example.com, ensuring you include your full name and student number.
When requesting a confirmation letter, please allow three days for this to be processed. The letter will be sent to your CDU email in PDF format. If you require a physical copy, please request this and it will be made available at the Office of International Services reception in Orange 2.1.
If a student needs to request a CoE extension then they are required to submit the following documentation:
- Completed CoE extension form (with details of circumstances leading to request)
- NON-SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS: Cashiers receipt confirming deposit of funds or proof of electronic transfer. International students are required to demonstrate financial capacity to study in Australia. All international students (except Scholarship holders) are required to pay in advance for remaining units. For students with 5 or more outstanding subjects, you are required to deposit funds for 4 subjects only. NB: You do not need to enrol in units to deposit funds, for confirmation of outstanding fees, please contact SISA
- SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS: Written confirmation from Sponsor agreeing to extended duration of program
- Copy of the information page of your passport
- Copy of your current visa label.
To submit an application for updated CoE please complete the online form available by clicking the link below:
All international students are required to maintain a full time study load (40 credit points per semester) unless otherwise instructed or approved (i.e. following unsatisfactory progress). If you are not able to complete a full time study load in any given study period then you will need to apply for approval. To find out further information about study load please click here.
To submit an application for reduced study load please complete the online form available by clicking the link below:
All international students are required to obtain a Letter of Release from Charles Darwin University if they wish to transfer to another education provider within the first 6 months of their principle program.
Letters of release are only granted in certain, exceptional circumstances.
Refund of tuition fees will be made in accordance with the Charles Darwin University Refunds Policy.
There is no automatic right to a refund of fees if students change their minds about studying at the university. No refunds will be issued for Semester 1 after 31 March and for Semester 2 after 31 August for continuing students.
Under the conditions outlined in the policy, it may be possible for a student to obtain a full or partial refund. An applicaiton fee of $200 (included in tuition fees) is non-refundable in all cases except in extenuating circumstances.
Back to Current Students