Business & Government
To apply to study abroad at Charles Darwin University you need to meet the following criteria:
Have completed at least one year of full-time study at your home university
Be currently enrolled at a college or university
Have an appropriate academic record (2.5 or better Grade Point Average in USA)
Meet the English language proficiency requirements
Meet all of your home institution study abroad requirements (check with your Office of International Services on campus).
Before you apply
- Discuss your application with advisers
- Select the semester(s) that you wish to study at CDU (see Charles Darwin University Semester Dates)
- Seek transfer credit approval for at least eight units
- Make sure you have a current passport
- Make financial arrangements (see How much does it cost?)
Lodging an application
You may choose to apply directly to Charles Darwin University or through a study abroad agent. These agencies can assist with applying, fee transfers, visa and grade/credit interpretation. Similarly, the Office of International Services at your institution may provide similar services.
The deadlines for applying are:
- 1 April for Semester 2 (July) in the same year
- 1 September for Semester 1 (March) the following year
- Apply through your university, following their procedures for application
- Following successful selection through your university, complete and submit the CDU Application Form for Study Abroad/Exchange (.pdf, 66kb)
- Ensure that you include the units that you want to enrol in and a copy of your current academic record.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of application within two weeks
- CDU will assess your application and approve a maximum of five units of study for each semester (four units is a full-time study load).
- CDU will issue a Letter of Offer which includes details about how to pay your fees
- To accept the offer the student needs to sign and return the terms of agreement, along with their payment.
- CDU will confirm you pre-approved unit selection.
- CDU will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) once payment is received. This is required to obtain a student visa.
- Student completes a student visa application (see DIAC website for more information).
- Student confirms arrival date and flight details to allow CDU to arrange an airport pickup service.