Apart from managing your identity, Identity Management (IDM) provides an application for you to self manage some aspects of your computer account and identity.
This application allows you to:
- view your account status – this includes advice and warnings when your status reduces or removes your rights to a computer account
- change you password (especially useful if you are offsite and need to change it)
- Provide answers to security questions (allowing you to reset your password anytime if you forget it)
- change your location – This advised the IDM of your physical location so permissions special to that location can be applied, and you will receive information bulletins affecting only certain locations
- request services– These was gradually rolled out in early 2011 and continues to be added to. This will provide self service management through a work flow framework that allows privileges or services to be assigned to your identity after approval by an appropriate person.
This may include things like:
- access to a Sharepoint site
- access to a file share
- access to a printer
- local administration rights on your computer
- access to specialist software
- complete forms – Online forms will replace some of the current paper based processes in use at ITMS. This will include any requests for new or changes to phones
- subordinates – view your subordinates and their account status so that you can verify that the subordinates listed by Alesco are and assist them with certain identity management functions
- edit Your Directory Information - You can now control the contact information published on the CDU online directory about yourself, allowing CDU to keep this important information current.
There are plans to extend the functionality in this application and onwards including various reporting and task tracking tools.