ITMS would like to inform you that it is now possible to log IT jobs directly with ITMS, using a new internally developed web-based tool called LogIT.
This means that you no longer need to phone the Service Desk.
Why have we built LogIT?
While email is a simple method to contact us for assistance, it has a number of inherent issues which means we are not able to provide the level of service we would like.
- We have to transfer these emails into our Job System which is time consuming, meaning jobs are not completed as quickly as they could be.
- Clients lack visibility into how the job is progressing.
- Once the email has been sent, the client has little control over the job.
LogIT has been built to allow for the same functionality as email, but also to address the above issues.
The key benefits to you are:
- Log your job directly into the ITMS job tracking system.
- Circumvent phone queues.
- View your open & closed jobs.
- Check the progress of your jobs.
- Update your jobs.
- Even close your own job if it is no longer required.
As LogIT matures ITMS will continuously improve the system to ensure it meets the needs of both our clients and support staff.
How to log an IT job with LogIT
Click on the LogIT tile in the CDU Portal , or type logit.cdu.edu.au into your browser address bar, and log in with your CDU username and password.
Click on the "New Job" tab and fill in the details as requested, clicking "Next" to advance through the Client and Job screens. Provide as much detail as possible here, you can even attach screen shots or files directly to the job.
Once you have reviewed and click "Finish" on your job, a confirmation email will be sent to you with a link to easily return and check/update the job.