Changes to your telephone and voicemail services are requested through the online forms in eCentre under "forms and requests."
The online form can be used for the following:
- To request/setup voicemail
- Call access level changes e.g, local only, national, international, mobile international roaming
- To request a new phone number and/or a new handset
- Have changes made to your service e.g. Group Hunt
For more information on eCentre please visit the information on how to use eCentre page.
eCentre also has a phone usage reporting tool, more details on this can be found by visiting our page on how to determine my phone usage.
eCentre offers a variety of forms which relate to making changes to your desk phone.
In order to access these forms, you will need to
- log into eCentre
- click on the "Forms and Requests" button on the top of the navigation menu on the left of the screen
- select the appropriate link listed on the page. eg. (Phone - ???)
Once you have completed filling in the details, click "Submit (Workflow)" at the bottom of the form.
The request will then go to your manager/supervisor for approval before moving on to ITMS for actioning.
Note: If your manager/supervisor is not available, please note the reference number of the form and contact our ITMS Service Desk on (08)89466600 after submitting the request so we can have the form redirected to an acting supervisor for approval.
For phone types Cisco 7911, 7912, 7940, 7942, 7945, 7946:
While on a call, press the soft-key titled "Transfer"
- If you wish to announce the call, then dial the extension and wait for the person to answer before pressing Transfer again.
- If you wish to transfer the call without announcing it then dial the extension and immediately press Transfer.
You can turn a call into a conference call by performing the following steps:
- During a call, press the button titled "more" on your phone.
- Press the button titled "Confrn" (This opens a new line and places the other party to whom you were speaking on hold).
- Place a call to another number by using the dial pad to enter the digits of the other party to include on the conference call.
- When the call connects, press "Confrn" again to add the other party to the conference call.
Note: You can connect up to 4 people (including yourself) by repeating the above steps.
Our Cisco phones are set up so that if you move desks, you can take your phone and number with you provided you are staying within the same faculty/department.
Simply unplug your phone (taking note of where the two network cords at the back plug into) and plug it in at your new desk - all your settings stay with the phone when you move it.
If you do not get a connection or the phone does not power on when it is plugged in at the new desk, contact the ITMS Service Desk on (08)89466600 or use LogIT from a nearby computer as the network point on the wall may not be connected.
When contacting ITMS, please have the following information on hand:
- The number on the network point wall plate and which particular socket on the wall plate. eg. C1-021
- Contact details and office location
If you need a new handset or extension number, you will be required to provide a cost code (see your area Finance Officer) and fill out the "Phone - Request New Phone" request in eCentre.
If you are experiencing a problem with your desk phone or phone line (e.g. no dial tone, bad line quality), contact ITMS on (08)89466600 or via LogIT.
Work regarded as maintenance does not require a cost code.