A voicemail service can be provided to any CDU staff member who has a telephone on the CDU network.
Below is a list of how to organise your voicemail. You can check your voicemail on your computer by going to voicemail.cdu.edu.au
- How to setup your voicemail greeting from your desk phone (PDF 17KB)
- How to record your alternate greeting/out of office greeting from your desk phone (PDF 106 KB)
- How to retrieve your voicemail from your desk phone (PDF 244KB)
- How to access your voicemails from outlook 2010 (PDF 830KB)
- How to change your voicemail pin (PDF 102KB)
- How to setup a diversion to voicemail or other numbers (PDF 243KB)
Note: Voicemail PINs can now also be changed in eCentre
The CDU voicemail system can also be accessed via the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant webpage from your computer using your usual login username and password. Here you can check all your messages and settings as well as change your PIN if you have forgotten it.
To get Voicemail on your phone, if you have not already had it enabled, got to eCentre.
Select "Forms and Request"
Select "Phone - Change an existing phone"
Put in the details of your phone and select "Voicemail Setup" from the "Change Required" dropdown box. (See below)
Your voicemail account will be set up and you will be contacted with your voicemail details.
The new voicemail system has a great feature which we have dubbed the Donald Duck or Barry White feature.
During a call, you can tap the 4 button on your phone keypad and slow the message down to a Barry White speed or tap 6 to speed the message up to sound like Donald Duck.
Make sure you are using the new default 6 digit PIN of 147258 not the your old 4 digit PIN.
Rules for your pin
- The digits are not all the same, for example: 999999
- The digits are not consecutive, for example: 123456 or 654321
- Not your phone number
- Minimum of 6 digits in length
- Cannot use the previous 5 PINs
If you are logging into your voicemail service for the first time, press the Messages or Msgs button on your phone and enter the default PIN of 147258 when requested.
You will be able to follow the prompts from this point to set up your voicemail.