Whilst studying at the University, students are provided with a personal email service. The allowance for this mailbox is presently set to 200MB.
This service is web-based (like Hotmail or similar) and is available wherever you can get access to the Internet. To access the CDU student email system go to student-mail.cdu.edu.au.
Each student will receive two official CDU email addresses. Each student can also specify an alternate (or preferred) address which can be an email address from any provider.
All correspondence sent to students by CDU will always be sent to the students official CDU email address, and to the student’s alternate address if they have specified one.
Please note that if students choose to use an alternate email address it is wholly their responsibility to ensure that email sent by CDU is received by:
- Actively monitoring the email account.
- Ensuring the mail box is not 'full'.
- Ensuring that any spam filtering on the mailbox does not remove CDU mail.
- Ensuring the email account is kept active by paying any required subscriptions or accessing often to keep the mailbox active.
- Updating their preferred email address if it changes.
- Understand that Charles Darwin University takes no responsibility for email that is undeliverable due to network issues or service provider outages or other circumstances out of our control.
CDU provides two official email addresses to each student as follows:
- Using your Student ID. The email address will look like "StudentID"@students.cdu.edu.au
Example: If your student was 007007, then your email address will be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using your given name and surname. The email address will look like email@example.com
Example: If your name was James Bond, then your email address will be: James.Bond@students.cdu.edu.au
Note: If you happen to be the 2nd James Bond at this university, then you will have a number appended to your surname. Example: James.Bond2@students.cdu.edu.au
To be issued their official email address, each student must activate their computer account.
To activate a student computer account, or to view the official email address assigned to them, each student can use the CDU My computer account web page.
Students can specify a preferred email address if they like. This can be done by on the CDU My Student Info page,in the My Email Address section, using their standard student account log in.
Note: If a preferred email address is entered by a student, then any email correspondence issued by CDU will be sent to both their official CDU email address and their preferred email address.
Refer to the section above titled 'Student Email Addresses for correspondence from CDU' for information regarding student’s responsibilities regarding alternate email addresses.
Note: Students must first activate their CDU computer account before they can specify a preferred email address.This can be done at the CDU My computer account web page.