Whilst studying at the University, students are provided with a personal CDU email account as part of Microsoft Office 365, the allowance for this email mailbox is 50GB.
This email service is web-based (like Hotmail or similar) and available wherever you can get access to the Internet. To access the CDU student email system go to email.cdu.edu.au.
Every student is given an official CDU email addresses, you can also specify an alternate (or preferred) address from any provider (eg. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, Bigpond).
Correspondence sent to students by CDU will always be sent to the your official CDU email address, and a copy forwarded to the your alternate address if you supplied one.
Please note: if you choose to use an alternate email address, it is your responsibility to ensure that email sent by CDU is getting to you. You need to:
- ensure your mail box is not 'full' (only a copy is sent to the preferred email - students will need to monitor the CDU mailbox to keep it within the 50GB allowance)
- ensure that spam filtering on the mailbox does not remove CDU mail
- ensure your email account is kept active by paying any required subscriptions or accessing regularly to keep the mailbox active
- update your preferred email address with CDU if it changes
- understand that CDU takes no responsibility for email that is undeliverable due to network issues, service provider outages or other circumstances out of our control.
CDU provides two official email addresses to each student as follows:
- Using your Student ID number, with an "s" at the start. For example, if your student number is 007007, then your email address will be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using your first name and surname. For example, if your name was James Bond, then your email address will be: email@example.com
Please note: if you happen to be the second James Bond at this university, then you will have a number appended to your surname. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can specify a preferred email address if they like. This can be done on the CDU My Student Info page under the heading, My email address.
Please note: if a preferred email address is entered by a student, then email correspondence issued by CDU will be forwarded from their official CDU email address. Students will need to make sure that their junk mail filters are set up to accept these emails.
Refer to the section above titled Student Email Addresses for correspondence from CDU for information regarding student’s responsibilities regarding alternate email addresses.