A temporary student computer account provides you with a username and password you can use to gain access to various information services provided by Charles Darwin University, including:
- accessing computing lab PC's (to research and complete assignments, or if the units you are taking are taught in the labs)
- accessing the Internet from the PC labs or library
- accessing the library databases.
A temporary student account is to be used by staff or students to access IT resources when a normal student account is unavailable or inappropriate.
For example: when an enrolment delay prevents the creation and activation of a normal student computer account, a temporary account could be used so as not to miss any lessons or content delivered in the computer labs.
Note: Temporary accounts are only provided given specific circumstances and are usually only for a short period of time. Please contact our ITMS Service Desk should you have any enquiries.
A temporary account is identical to a normal account in nearly every respect. However there is one limitation, a temporary student account is temporary by nature.
You should place no reliance on the continuation of the email or file storage services accessible with the account. The account is designed to expire after 4 weeks and will be deleted.
Important note for staff with student-type teaching accounts - If you are an academic staff member with a student-type teaching account which is used by students under the age of 18, the responsibility for proper use of such an account falls to you individually.
- Download the application for temporary student account form (PDF 80kb).
- Complete the form with the relevant details
- Provide your full name, your faculty, and a contact phone number.
- In the Applicant section, provide your student number, and state your reason for needing a temporary account.
- Specify the end date of the account.
- Sign and date the form in the applicant area, and have your lecturer or course-coordinator sign and date the form in authoriser area.
- Scan and submit it via LogIT or drop it off to the IT Kiosk in Red 1.
- ITMS will process the form and provide the activation instructions via email.
Note: By signing and submitting the form, both the applicant and the approver indicate their agreement and compliance with the obligations outlined in the last section of the form. The applicant and the approver are liable for any misuse of the computer account.
Temporary ID - Txxxxxx
Password - Cduxxxxx
To use your temporary account, you will first need to log into MyAccount (https://myaccount.cdu.edu.au) using the Temporary ID and Password listed above. Once you have logged in, you will need to:
- Read and accept the ICT Policy
- Answer 4 security questions
- Select the choose a password tab and create a new password
- Save and logout.
Please double check the logon credentials by re-logging into MyAccount. Once confirmed, the new Temporary Account is ready for use.
If you experience difficulty using your temporary account, please call the ITMS Service Desk on (08) 8946 6600.