This page contains information on the video conferencing facilities available at CDU.
It includes the type, location and cost of hiring the equipment.
Also included are guidelines for use and the policy around the use of the equipment.
The Charles Darwin University has video conferencing facilities available for educational and administrative use as well as being available for public hire.
- A portable IP based unit for use anywhere on Casuarina campus with network access, suitable for small groups (one-on-one, two-on-two).
- A dedicated video conferencing room in Red 6, room 6 (Casuarina campus) that is capable of ISDN and IP connections for conferences up to 12 people.
See Equipment Location tab for full list of video conference rooms located across all CDU Campuses.
|Blue 1.1.01 Auditorium||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Blue 2A.1.01||Lectures, Meetings||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Blue 5.1.01 Auditorium||Lectures||Cisco SX80||Yes|
|Orange 2.4.07||Meetings||Cisco SX80||Yes|
|Red 6.1.02||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Red 6.1.03||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Red 6.1.04||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Red 6.1.05||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Red 6.1.06||Meetings||Cisco C20||Yes|
|Red 7.1.04 Mal Nairn Auditorium||Lectures||Cisco SX80||Yes|
|Yellow 1.3.48 Moot Court||Lectures, Mock Court Room||Cisco SX80||Yes|
|MLB 1.2.03 - Board Room||Meetings||Cisco C60||Yes|
|MLB 1.2.21 Class Room 1||Lectures||Cisco C60||Yes|
|Sydney.10.Board Room||Meetings||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Sydney.11.Board Room||Meetings||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Palmerston A.2.39||Meetings||Cisco C40||Yes|
|Town Centre||Meetings||Cisco C20||Yes|
|Rural College||Meetings||Cisco C20||Yes|
|Training Facility||Meetings||Cisco C20||Yes|
|Tennant Creek||Meetings||Cisco C20||Yes|
|AS 4.1.10 Alice Springs Library Seminar Room||Lectures||Cisco C40||Yes|
|AS 4.1.04 Alice Springs Library Preview Room||Meetings||Cisco EX90||No|
|AS 15.1.02 Alice Springs HE Building||Lectures||Cisco MX300||Yes|
|AS 2.2.04||Lectures||Cisco SX10||Yes|
- Business hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Loan equipment minimum booking period: 30 minutes - dependant on availability.
- Video Conferencing minimum notification period: 2 business days
- Video Conferencing cancellations must be in writing. Less than 2 business days notice will incur a cancellation fee of $50 + any third party charges
- Business hours of operation are Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm $165 per hour (includes GST). After hours support is negotiated on a case by case basis - rates start at minimum $220 per hour for a minimum 4 hours.
- Any third party costs will be made known to the requester in advance and invoiced at the conclusion of the video conference.
- Cancellation of bookings. A cancellation fee $50 and third party charges will apply if notice is not received within 48 hours prior to the commencement of the video conference booking.
- Mobile video conference unit: flat fee $50 for three hour block and/or part thereof booking. Booking charges include delivery, setup and collection time.
- Booking commences from time of pickup to time of collection by ITMS.
- Internal: Ensure the AV equipment is shutdown, the wireless keyboard is turned off, and wireless mouse and keyboard are docked at the conclusion of the video conference. If this is not adhered to an additional $50.00 room reset fee will apply.
- Refer to Internal/External Video Conference Request forms for booking and billing Terms and Conditions.
- A separate Internal Video Conference Request form is to be completed for all video conferences run on different dates (multiple video conference requests on one form will not be accepted).
- All booking times must be listed Darwin (CST) (UTC +9.30) time. It is the responsibility of the requester to work out and provide the correct times for the video conference and testing times.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before start time to familiarise yourself with the audio visual equipment located in the room.
- Send any notes or a meeting agenda to the other parties prior to the conference.
- Booking form for External Video Conferencing (63kb PDF) - email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booking form for Internal Video Conferencing (80kb PDF) - please attach completed form using LogIT (https://logit.cdu.edu.au)
- Feedback form (111kb PDF) - email completed form to email@example.com
Video Conference Support
T: 08 8946 6291
F: 08 8946 6630
Information Technology Management and Support
Charles Darwin University
Darwin NT 0909
Instructions for using Cisco Jabber to connect to Video-Conferencing sessions can be viewed below.
Dual Stream means the installation has the capacity to transmit more than one feed to remote sites. For example the video feed and a PowerPoint presentation.
IP This provides the capacity for conferences to occur utilising the network infrastructure and therefore reducing the costs involved. It also provides a greater flexibility in locations for conferences as network ports are located all over the campus networks. For example 22.214.171.124
ISDN connections run via the telephone cables. This is available at the more permanent sites and is used as a ‘backup’ in the event of a network failure. For example firstname.lastname@example.org
MCU Multipoint Conferencing Unit allows multiple video conference, phone and ISDN participants to conference together.