School of Law
Studying law at Charles Darwin University means studying at a university with a proud reputation for the quality of its teaching and innovative programs.
News and announcements
The Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG at CDU
Former High Court Justice the Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG will give a presentation to staff and students on May 15 at 9:30am at Charles Darwin University.
As the Chair of the United Nations Commission of Inquiry on Human Rights in North Korea the topic of his talk will be 'North Korea: International Human Rights Law meets Geopolitics'.
This is a wonderful opportunity to hear first-hand one of Australia's best known judges.
Date: May 15, 2014
Location: Red 6.1.01
Please note: seating is limited. The presentation will be streamed live and the recording will be made available to students who are unable to attend.
Human Rights Forum Power Through Action
From May 14 - 16, Darwin will play host to Power Through Action. There will be numerous events and forums around topics specifically related to lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender rights.
Download the flyer (PDF 691kb)
International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
May 17, 2014
For more information visit Outgames.
Environmental Defenders Office of the NT (EDONT) Inaugural Environmental Law Conference
The conference has two primary objectives:
- To raise awareness generally about environmental law within the Northern Territory. Particularly, to highlight the importance of community participation in decisions which affect the environment.
- To raise awareness about EDONT and the service they provide to the community.
A number of high quality speakers will be presenting at the Conference. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in environmental law and especially for those interested in environmental law development in the NT.
View the flyer (PDF 4mb).
Our undergraduate courses give you the skills to be an effective legal practioner.
Interested in furthering your studies in the legal professional? Find out where a CDU postgraduate course gets you.
- African student a shining example to community
- NT wallaby numbers in spotlight
- Alice music student wins spot at BASSINTHEGRASS
- Chinese art on display in NT
- Students join search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Living artworks push boundaries of conservation
- CDU’s Northline Oval chosen for international cricket
- Emerging artist takes out youth award
Latest media videos - Wild rice as a niche product