Welcome to the Faculty of Law, Education, Business and Arts (LEBA) and best wishes on starting your journey of learning and scholarship with us.
Our high-quality research and teaching programs offer options for flexible research and study to highly motivated and talented students who come to CDU.
We are proud of our LEBA graduates who have achieved impressive employment outcomes on graduation and are considered to be “work ready” graduates who are able to respond to the challenges of the contemporary workplace.
Our strong emphasis on work integrated learning means our LEBA graduates have the capabilities to work in diverse settings, problem solve, work collaboratively and think for themselves.
They are also people who are keenly interested in making a difference and making change in the world. They want to make a contribution towards a better world. This can be as a teacher, an artist, a social scientist, a lawyer, a linguist, a musician, an accountant, an economist, a worker with Indigenous people and a professional manager.
Our LEBA courses provide opportunities for people to succeed and achieve their own career and life goals, and at the same time, meet multiple commitments such as a work and family. Our students and researchers work in global settings and in online environments.
LEBA has programs that span the full spectrum of the Australian Qualifications Framework, offering awards from VET Certificates and diplomas, to bachelors degrees and postgraduate coursework and research degrees.
Our higher education and VET programs provide professionally recognised qualifications in areas such as teaching, business, accounting, management and the law.
- Pathways into university for those who want to qualify for university entrance through our well-recognised free tertiary entrance preparation program.
- Highly regarded higher education bachelors and masters degrees in disciplines such as history, politics, music, the visual arts, literature, accounting, arts, business, communications, cultural studies, economics, fine arts, graphic design, history, hospitality, Indigenous studies, law, marketing, management, multi-media, and much more
- Nationally recognised vocational education and training programs in a range of occupations that offer flexible workplace delivery options including customised, onsite and remote delivery.
LEBA comprises of six schools:
- The School of Law
- The School of Education
- CDU Business School
- The School of Creative, Arts and Humanities
- The School of Academic Language and Learning
- The School of Indigenous Knowledges and Public Policy
LEBA also hosts one of CDU’s three world-class research centres, the Northern Institute. The Northern Institute is the social and policy research institute within Charles Darwin University with a specialisation on Northern Australia and the Asian region. The Northern Institute undertakes research that is relevant to people’s lives and policy with not only understanding what it is, but what it could be.
The newly developed International Graduate Centre of Education (IGCE) is also involved in research and teaching on transnational aspects of education and training and is based in the School of Education.
The Northern Institute and the IGCE are involved in research and consultancy in China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Timor-Leste as well as Europe and North America.
Some LEBA programs are offered domestically and internationally in various innovative ways with:
- The highly popular Greek, Indonesian and Chinese language in country language experiences.
- The highly acclaimed and well recognised Growing Our Own (GOO) Indigenous remote teacher education programs.
- Jointly developed transnational law in-country programs between Indonesia and CDU.
- Innovative Indigenous studies programs including the Yolngu language courses and the community based Mawul Rom Master of Indigenous Studies.
- Online tertiary entrance programs that enable people to qualify and gain entry to higher education
As part of CDU’s community engagement LEBA also hosts the Centre for Youth and Community Music (CYCM) where young people can learn a range of musical performance skills.
Our facilities are world class with two new major projects becoming a feature of LEBA’s infrastructure:
- The iconic CDU Business School Waterfront campus Darwin.
- The brand new renovated CDU Performing Arts Centre.
LEBA also has a strong presence at the CDU Sydney and CDU Melbourne campus locations as well as a learning Centre in Tea Tree Gully in Adelaide.
LEBA’s program has a national and international profile and makes a major contribution to CDU’s growing national and international status. Why not join us on your own learning and inquiry journey.