Deposit your thesis
- Your thesis will be deposited in eSpace.
- eSpace is a repository of CDU research including digitised theses by CDU postgraduate research students.
- Online access to full text versions of PhD, Masters and selected Honours theses are in the CDU THESES Community.
- eSpace will provide worldwide access to your research with harvesting by the National Library of Australia (Trove), WorldCat and Google Scholar.
How it works
To have an item displayed in the eSpace thesis collection the author must:
Complete the Deposit Agreement form upon lodgement of your thesis to the Office of Research and Innovation. Lodgement of your thesis should include:
- An electronic copy of your thesis;
- Two bound copies of your thesis.
Submitted theses will be sent to the Library. Leave security settings on electronic copies open to allow library staff to prepare the material adequately. Your confidentiality and rights will be respected.
- The preferred electronic format is PDF.
- We do not recommend encryption.
- CDU Library catalogues and stores print theses.
- If you have previously submitted a thesis that has not been digitized and made available in eSpace be sure to fill in the Deposit your thesis form and email the signed copy to the library.
Copyright and exemptions
- To be able to display the thesis online the thesis must have all third-party copyright content cleared by the owner of the copyright.
- Third party is material in which the copyright is owned by someone else. That means copyright is not owned by yourself or the University.
- Have you received permission to use this content in the online environment?
- For more information on copyright refer to Copyright@CDU.
Exemption from depositing a thesis
- If your thesis contains culturally or commercially sensitive content that prevent your thesis from being publicly displayed it can be stored with restricted access. You have the option to specify an embargo period.
- Inclusion of theses is at the discretion of CDU Library staff.
- Phone:08 8946 6372