Manage your borrowing
- make yourself aware of regulations, policies, opening hours etc
- activate your Student Computer Account and email so that you can receive Library Notices
- check your online borrower record regularly as due dates change if items are recalled
- whilst library notices are sent, occassionally due to technical problems you may not receive them. Check your online borrower record to avoid fines
- ensure the library has your current contact details. Update your contact details from the StudentNet or Staffonline websites
look after your card
- always have your current student, staff or borrowers card with you to borrow
- ensure that no one else uses your card as it is not transferable
- report the loss of your card immediately
- accept responsibility for all items borrowed on your card
- return items on time, especially when they are recalled, as someone else may require them
- protect library items from damage or loss
- do not borrow on behalf of someone else
- return all library items before travelling away from home in case someone else requires them
- if returning items on the due date please do so when the library is open
- pay library fines and other charges.
Accessing your My Library account
Logging into your account
- Connect to the CDU catalogue
- Choose 'Review My Account'
- Type in User ID and PIN :
login with your student number; for example s123456.
Contact us for a PIN
use the library number as listed on your staff card.
Contact us for a PIN
- ALL OTHERS
use your library card number and the PIN you selected when joining the Library.
- Contact us for assistance:
- Phone:08 8946 7016
Checking which items you have on loan
- connect to the CDU catalogue
- Log in to 'Review My Account'
- Select Checkouts to see what items that are currently checked out to you and when they are due
To renew items from the Main Collection before the due date
- login to Renew My Books
- select the 'Renew Selected Items' or 'Renew all' option
- if you are renewing selected items, select the check box next to the items you want to renew
- confirmation of renewed items will appear along with the new due date
You cannot renew items if:
- the item is already overdue
- the item is on hold or has been recalled by another borrower
- the item is from Short Term Loan Collection
- you have fines of $50.00 or more
- if the maximum number of renewals has been reached. See Membership and Loan conditions.
If you need an item that is checked out to someone else you can place a hold on it and the item will be recalled for you. Conversely, if you have an item that some one else requires, the item will be recalled. This means that the loan period will be reduced to give you a week in which to return the item. Distance students may be given extra time in which to return the item, depending on your location.
Request items that are checked out
- search for the item
- click on 'Place Hold'
- enter user ID, PIN and pickup location
- select 'Place Hold'
- holds service only available to CDU staff, CDU students, CSSC Staff and Students, Honorary Academics and Flinders Medical Program students
- all Library members can have items recalled from them
- holds can only be placed on Main Collection and 2 day items in the Short Term Loan collection at your home campus
- if you live more than 80km from your nearest campus, request items via Distance Services.
Request items from another campus
Contact the Service Desk at your campus with details of the item. Staff will place a hold for you.
- CDU staff, CDU students, Honorary Academics and Flinders Medical Program students can request items held at another campus (ie Casuarina, Palmerston or Alice Springs)
- only Main collection items are available for Intercampus requests
- if all copies of an item at the home campus are on loan and there is one available at another campus, a request must be placed on the items on loan
- requests between Casuarina and Palmerston generally take 2 working days and requests to and from Alice Springs 5 working days. As we use both courier and Australia Post services, the transit times given may be subject to change dependent on time of year and road conditions.
Fines & other charges
Overdue fines were introduced to ensure fair access to Library materials. Ideally, the Library would collect no fines at all because students and staff would cooperate and return items on time out of concern for others.
- fines do not have to be paid until a total of $50 is reached
- once $50 is reached, borrowing is blocked and a minimum of $10 must be paid to reduce the fines to $49.
|Short Term Loan - 4 hr loans||$1||Hour|
|Short Term Loan - 2 day loans||$10||Day|
|7 day loanable magazines||$5||Day|
- the library will grant a one off reduction of fines to $49 to cover clients who were not aware of the fines system
- only one Fine reduction will be granted to any one client
- applications will be processed on the next working day.
- Short Term Loan items that have gone to Lost are not eligible for a fine reduction.
Waivers are for exceptional circumstances such as illness and supporting documentation such as a medical certificate will be required. Contact the Library Campus Supervisor
Paying your fine
Fines can be paid over the telephone by ringing (08) 8946 7029.
If an item still appears on your record, but you are sure you have returned it, fill in the Claim returned form below. Staff will search for the item over a period of three weeks. If the item has not been found, the Library will contact you to arrange an appointment to see the Library Campus Supervisor to sign a Statutory Declaration.
- a bill for replacement will be sent if
- items are very overdue
- items are damaged, this includes writing in workbooks
- items have pieces missing, such as a CD
- please do not purchase a replacement copy of the item
- an additional $33 per item processing fee will be charged, the borrower is liable for the processing fee even if the item is returned
- Short Term Loan or Recalled items are considered Lost if they are one week or more overdue. A minimum payment of $83 ($50 overdue penalty plus $33 processing fee) MUST be paid for borrowing privileges to be reinstated.
- Phone:08 8946 7016