Short Term Loan
- Items in high demand are moved to the Short Term Loan category which means that the loan period is reduced to a 2 day or 4 hour loan period.
- 2-day loan items are filed amongst the Main collection with 4-hour loans held behind the Service Desk.
- Journal articles or book chapters should be placed in E-Readings
- Items are removed from the Short Term Loan category at the end of each semester.
- Check Library Search. The record will show item located at Campus Short Term Loan.
- Intercampus borrowing between Casuarina, Palmerston and Waterfront is permitted for 2-day loans but Interlibrary Loan or distance requests are not allowed.
- Loan periods
- 2 day loan
- Requests can be placed on items currently out on loan.
- Items should be returned during library opening hours; there is an after-hours return chute if this is not possible.
- 4 hour loan
- Only for use within the Library. Requests cannot be placed on these items.
- Short Term Loan Placement form
- Casuarina and Palmerston campuses
- Phone:08 8946 7016
- Alice Springs campus
- Phone:08 8959 5266
top of page