CDU Home | About CDU | Courses | Faculties & Schools | Learning & Teaching | Library | Campuses & Centres | Media | Contact Us                              Learnline Login


We hope to keep this page to a minimum as most of your frequently asked questions should be answered by navigating through the other pages on our site.

If you are experiencing difficulty in finding an answer to a particular question please email: with your query.

To access any forms click on the forms section in the navigation pane on the right hand side of this page.

Staff Cards

Where can I get my Staff ID/Access card from?

  • New staff will need to have their photo taken to be issued with their staff ID/Access card;
  • Staff can have their old card updated;
  • Staff can have their old card reprinted if lost or damaged

To obtain your Staff ID/Access you need to go to the ITMS Kiosk (Red 1, Casuarina Campus) to have your photo taken and be issued with your card. You will need to produce some sort of photo identification (eg: Driver Licence, or passport, or previous staff access card). Palmerston Campus staff can obtain their card from the Palmerston office.

Staff Development

How do I get access to

To obtain access to your devices must support HTML 5. has a free app available for iPhone, iPad, and Android. Once the free app has been installed on your mobile devices you need to login for the first time as detailed below:

  • Select your preferred web browser and type in in the address bar
  • Click on 'log in' (top right of screen)
  • At the 'log in through your organisation or school' enter:
  • Click the 'go' button
  • At the 'CDU Federation Login' screen, enter your CDU username and password
  • Click on 'continue' - this will take you back to

Once logged in you can access the courses or download them to your device for viewing at another time or offline.

Note: If you allow 30 days to elapse without use you will have to repeat the initial set-up again for each device.

For CDU Desktop or Laptop login

Click on the button below the graphic on the top of this page. This will take you to the authorisation page (federation login). Access requires your CDU user name and password. Once logged in you can access the courses of your choice on offer.

For assistance and enquiries related to online courses through please contact the Staff Orientation Consultant on: 08 8946 6934 or email

Strategic Recruitment Review Committee (SRRC)

When does the SRRC meet?

The SRRC meets every Wednesday at 1:30pm.

When are relevant documents to be received by HRS for each weekly meeting?

Documents are to be received by cob Thursday each week for inclusion in the following week's SRRC.

Adjustments to Pay

When should HRS receive any adjustments to my pay?

Any adjustments to your pay are due the Thursday of a pay week for the following fortnight.

Casual Staff Timesheets

When do I need to submit my casual staff timesheets?

StaffOnline Casual Staff Timesheets must be submitted to your Supervisor for approval by the timesheet deadline determined by your local administration area. Casual staff are paid fortnightly after the hours worked. After your timesheets have been entered into StaffOnline by the dealine, you will be paid the following fortnight (Thursday).


I have booked leave in StaffOnline and need to amend it. How do I do this?

You can amend your leave if your Supervisor has not already approved it by selecting 'Pending Transactions' (left hand side navigation pane) in StaffOnline and deleting the leave. If the leave has already been approved you will need to complete a Request for Leave Amendment form.

I was sick while on ARL. How do I obtain a re-credit of leave?

You will need to complete a Request for Leave Amendment form and you must attach a medical certificate for the days you want re-credited.

What leave entitlements can I access during extreme weather events?

For information read accessing leave entitlements during extreme weather events.

Ochre Card Renewals

When and how do I renew my Ochre Card?

Your Ochre Card renewal can only be completed once you have received your reminder letter from
SAFE NT. This will be sent to you two months prior to your card's expiry. The cost of the renewal is regarded as a renewal of a licence and is the responsibility of the staff member. Your renewal can be done Online via:

Once the Ochre Card has been successfully renewed by SAFE NT the staff member must present the original document with card attached to HRS Casuarina, or HRS Alice Springs or the Centre/Campus Administrator for certification. HRS Casuarina will arrange reimbursement to the staff member for the cost of the renewal.

Personal Details

How do I change my address?

For staff that have access to StaffOnline (all continuing and fixed-term staff), please login to StaffOnline and update your Personal Contacts under the Personal Details folder.

For staff that do not have access to StaffOnline, please complete the Change of Address form and forward to HRS for processing.

Staff must notify HRS prior to 20 June of any change in their postal address so that their Payment Summary (Group Certificate) is mailed to the correct address.

How do I change my name?

Provide HRS with proof of your change of name (such as a marriage certificate or deed poll) and HRS will action the change for you.

Copyright and Disclaimer | ABN 54 093 513 649 | CRICOS Provider No: 00300K(NT) | CRICOS Provider No: 03286A (NSW) | RTO Provider No: 0373