North Australian Centre for Oil and Gas
The North Australian Centre for Oil and Gas is a hub located at Charles Darwin University for training and education programs (both on campus and externally through distance learning) together with research capabilities targeted at the specific needs of oil and gas operations and developments in the region.
Darwin sits adjacent to major offshore gas, oil and condensate reserves and is already a substantial gas processing and supply & service hub for projects off northern and north-western Australia.
The scale and expected long life of planned and proposed developments, as well as the distance from research, education and training facilities in southern capitals, highlights the need for Darwin to boost its training and research infrastructure in support of the petroleum industry.
Vocational Education & Training:
CDU offers an extensive Vocational Education and Training program of electrical, engineering, transport & logistics and other trades training relevant to the petroleum and mining sectors.
CDU offers a comprehensive undergraduate and postgraduate higher education program in technology, relevant to the petroleum and mining sectors.
To meet stakeholder expectations, the Centre maintains strong links with relevant institutions and organisations.
- Donation to equip oil and gas students
- CDU strengthens ability to support oil and gas industry
- Oil and gas expert delivers training to CDU students
- Agreement furthers oil and gas training and research
- Expert oil and gas engineer offers NT ‘real life’ perspective
- Robotics team competes for gold
- Engineering student keeps watch on environment
- Engineering head appointed to circle of academics
- Territory Government supports local engineers
- Local Oil and Gas industry to benefit from new testing facility