CDU utilises a range of technologies to support learning and teaching, and these are brought together under the Learnline brand.
The administration and support of Learnline is provided by OLT, while the governance of Learnline is managed by the Learnline Steering Group (LSG).
Learnline incorporates an endorsed suite of tools to assist in the management of unit delivery and the grading of student assessment items:
- Learnline is powered by the Blackboard Learn 9.1 Learning Management System (LMS)
- Learnline's Online Classroom is powered by the Blackboard Collaborate which includes web conferencing, instant messaging and voice authoring tools
- Learnline's plagiarism text checking tool is powered by Blackboard SafeAssign
- Learnline includes CDU's web and media servers.
Learnline Development and Training Team
OLT's Learnline Development & Training Team is responsible for:
- Administration and management of Learnline and associated technologies
- Supporting staff in the preparation and development of units for online teaching
- Providing staff training in the use of Learnline
- Providing a staff support desk for Learnline.
‘Learning technology’ covers the broad range of communication, information and related technologies that are used to support learning, teaching, and assessment. The Learnline Steering Group (LSG) provides overall governance for Learnline and related learning technologies at CDU.
The LSG, chaired by the Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic, assists with the overall management of Learnline and provides key stakeholders with opportunities for direct engagement. The Group meets on a regular basis with representation from faculties/schools and key stakeholders associated with the management implementation and support of learning technologies.
LSG liaises on relevant issues with the Learning & Teaching Committee (LTC) and the Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC).
Learning Technologies Manager
The Learning Technologies Manager, within the office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic, is responsible for projects related to the implementation and management of new learning technologies.
Bill Searle - Manager, Learning Technologies
Phone: (08) 8946 7047
The LSG Process