Understanding human behaviour
Psychology is concerned with understanding human behaviour and its underlying mental processes. In the Bachelor of Psychological Science (BPSc) you will study cognitive, biological, developmental and social and cultural aspects of behaviour and interactions between these processes. On successful completion of the BPSc, students with a minimum GPA of 5.5 can apply for entry to the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) degree which is the advanced study of Psychology.
Detailed course information
Detailed course information is available for the undergraduate degree grograms at the following links:
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
Successful completion of one of the following:
- successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education (or equivalent) and a Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 60 or higher (this also applies to international students); or
- successful completion of a VET or TAFE award of certificate IV or higher; or
- attainment of a STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) score of 145 or greater for applicants who sat the STAT pre April 2010 and 135 or greater for applicants who sat the STAT post April 2010; or
- submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience; or
- successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma; or
- successful complettion of 40 credit points in the CDU Tertiary Enabling Program (TEP) or: other recognised bridging or tertiary preparation course
Graduates from this course may gain employment in community, educational, and organisational settings or work in human resources, sports, or rehabilitation areas. They may also work in consumer research, advertising and marketing fields.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement.
More information can be found here.
Brenna Schroeder - Bachelor of Psychological Science
Joel Kay - Bachelor of Pharmacy
Melissa Bridge - Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
Email any concerns or issues about your course for the Student Representatives to put forward at the Learning and Teaching Committee meetings.
- Enquiries Darwin: 1800 061 963
- International: +61 8 8946 6666
- Enquiries Alice Springs: 1800 654 865
- Direct enquiries to Psychological Science (08) 8946 7781 and Masters of Psychology (08) 8946 6511.