Read the brief
TNI RESEARCH BRIEF JUST RELEASED
Employment and mobility trajectories of overseas-born early childhood education and care (ECEC) workers in Darwin, NT
Did you know the area of Northern Australia is approximately 3 million square kilometres and approximately 1 million people live here?
The Northern Institute - People • Policy • Place
The Northern Institute (TNI) undertakes interdisciplinary research in areas of social and public policy that are critically important to northern Australia and its near neighbours.
The Institute builds on the strength of its connections to remote, regional and urban contexts and focuses on issues of importance around the intersections of people, policy and place.
Its research program and activities aim to:
- provide evidence for policy development
- generate informed debate
- build the capacity of social researchers in the region
- respond to the needs of agencies and communities in the region.
TNI brings knowledgeable and skilled people together to consider complex issues, building credibility and reputation both nationally and internationally for social and public policy research in regional and remote contexts.
The Institute demonstrates leading analysis in complex regional and remote settings that impact on policy, practice and public awareness.
Population & trend research to enable better policy making, to improve economic & social wellbeing.
This research focuses policy, its impact/implications and community perception in the region.
Methodologies that take divergent knowledge practices seriously are of critical importance to this work.
Understanding the ways different systems operate when they intersect
Innovative technologies and the impact of quality of life and demand for equitable services.
This research focuses on collaborative evaluations, involving multiple quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Climate change to mobilise Indigenous communities
- Population research highlights revenue loss for NT
- Report shows refugee experience improving in Australia
- Dr Andrew Taylor talks to Territory Talk about his recent trip to Greenland
- TNI's Dr Andrew Taylor talks to the ABC's 7.30 report about demography of seat of Nightcliff
- ABC's 730 Report 'Tourism Woes' includes interview with Professor Dean Carson
- Researcher poised for NT population snapshot
- ‘Saltie’ tops list for crocodile aggression
- CDU names new Vice-Chancellor
- Tropical glider’s identity under microscope
- A rendezvous of printmaking and sound
- Discarded doll’s legs recast into work of art
- Researchers fence out cats in Kakadu
- Economic experts put full employment back on agenda
- Nhulunbuy applauds vocational students