Whilst studying at the University, students are provided with a personal CDU email account. The allowance for this email mailbox is set to 200MB.
This email service is web-based (like Hotmail or similar) and available wherever you can get access to the Internet. To access the CDU student email system go to student-mail.cdu.edu.au.
Each student will receive a official CDU email addresses. Each student can also specify an alternate (or preferred) address which can be an email address from any provider.
Correspondence sent to students by CDU will always be sent to the students official CDU email address, and a copy forwarded to the student’s alternate address if they have specified one.
Please note that if students choose to use an alternate email address, it is wholly their responsibility to ensure that email sent by CDU is received by:
- Ensuring the mail box is not 'full' (Only a copy is sent to the preferred email - students will need to monitor the CDU mailbox to keep it within the 200MB allowance)
- Ensuring that any spam filtering on the mailbox does not remove CDU mail.
- Ensuring the email account is kept active by paying any required subscriptions or accessing often to keep the mailbox active.
- Updating their preferred email address if it changes.
- Understand that Charles Darwin University takes no responsibility for email that is undeliverable due to network issues or service provider outages or other circumstances out of our control.
CDU provides two official email addresses to each student as follows:
- Using your Student ID. The email address will look like "StudentID"@students.cdu.edu.au
Example: If your student was 007007, then your email address will be: email@example.com
- Using your given name and surname. The email address will look like firstname.lastname@example.org
Example: If your name was James Bond, then your email address will be: email@example.com
Note: If you happen to be the 2nd James Bond at this university, then you will have a number appended to your surname. eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can specify a preferred email address if they like. This can be done on the CDU "My Student Info" page under the heading, "My email address."
Note: If a preferred email address is entered by a student, then email correspondence issued by CDU will be forwarded from their official CDU email address. Students will need to make sure that their junk mail filters are set up to accept these emails.
Refer to the section above titled 'Student Email Addresses for correspondence from CDU' for information regarding student’s responsibilities regarding alternate email addresses.