Once you find the course you’re after, make sure you understand the entry requirements and methods of applying that are available.

Depending on your course, our flexible semester entry means you may be able to start in Semester 1 (February/March), Semester 2 (July) or Summer Semester (November).

We also offer scholarships in many categories to provide financial support whilst you study.

Open all | Close all

Domestic undergraduate icon Undergraduate

Find out more about our undergraduate award admission requirements.

You should apply through SATAC if using one of the following:

  • ATAR (or equivalent) School Leaver
  • incomplete higher education studies
  • STAT or work/life experience
  • Certificate IV or above at another institution
  • eligible non-CDU Enabling Program.

Discover the courses available through MyNextCourse using the Course Finder.

If you have successfully completed one of the following courses at CDU, you can apply via MyNextCourse.

  • a completed TAFE/VET Certificate IV or above qualification
  • a completed Tertiary Enabling course (excluding TEP1)
  • a completed CDU undergraduate course.

Discover the courses available through MyNextCourse using the Course Finder.

MyNextCourse button

Domestic postgraduate iconPostgraduate

Postgraduate study leads to the award of a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate.

Applications are made through SATAC.

Entry requirements

Students wishing to undertake a postgraduate course, in most cases, require an undergraduate degree. Charles Darwin University offers a range of Honours, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters by coursework programs. Discover the entry requirements for the course you are interested in by visiting our Course Catalogue.

Additional entry requirements

In some courses other criteria, such as an interview, curriculum vitae (CV), audition or portfolio submission apply. If the course you have chosen has additional entry requirements, you will be contacted by our Admissions team.


Some courses have a quota and offers for admission into these courses will be based on merit. This means that even though you may meet the minimum admission requirement to the University, your rank may not be competitive enough to receive an offer.

SATAC Postgraduate button

What happens after I applyWhat happens after I apply?

Update your preferences

If you submitted an application through SATAC, you can update your preference by logging in to your SATAC application.

If you have applied via MyNextCourse you will need to withdraw your application and submit a new application with your preferred course.


Offer Round dates are published on the Important Dates website. Once you receive your offer, follow the instructions in the email sent to you by CDU. Familiarise yourself with your recommended study plan in the Course Catalogue and visit MyStudentInfo to enrol. You can use the enrolment help guide to help you through the process.

Deferring your offer

When responding to your offer via SATAC you can select the option to defer for 6 or 12 months.
There are no deferrals for MyNextCourse; when you are ready to commence your studies, simply reapply. 

TEP iconCDU enabling programs

Tertiary Enabling Program

The Tertiary Enabling Program (TEP) is a free program that helps you get into the swing of study and achieve entry to your chosen degree at CDU. To find out more and apply, visit the TEP website.

Preparation for Tertiary Success Program

Our free Preparation for Tertiary Success (PTS) program has been especially designed for Indigenous students and can help you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to be successful at university. To find out more and apply, visit the PTS website.


Vocational Education and Training (VET), ranging from Certificate I to Diplomas. If you are interested in enrolling in a VET course please visit CDU VET enrolment.

International students iconInternational

You are an international applicant if you are not one of the following:

  • Australian citizen
  • a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
  • permanent resident of Australia
  • New Zealand citizen.

If you are an international student currently studying an Australian year 12 program, you should apply via SATAC. School leavers can contact their school career counsellors for assistance and a copy of the SATAC University Guide.

All other international applicants should visit International future students for entry requirements and application information.

Research iconResearch

Visit the Office of Research and Innovation if you are interested in furthering your education journey at Charles Darwin University.

MyNextCourse IconContacts

Contact us

Student Central
T: 1800 061 963 (freecall)
FAQ's: Ask CDU