Engaging in research to support the development of resilient, adaptable and sustainable communities.
Through inter-disciplinary research, the Risk, Disasters and Resilience team contribute new knowledge about the magnitude and complexity of challenges in human-environment relations; their causes; and the likely political, economic, and social consequences.
In turn, we develop practical responses that aim to support the development of resilient, adaptable, and sustainable communities.
- Disasters, environment and climate risk reduction
- Human-environment resilience
- Humanitarian assistance and disaster relief
- Climate change and adaption
- Disaster governance
- Urban sustainability
- Food security and agricultural science
- Sustainable architecture and construction waste management
- Environmental, agricultural and biodiversity economics
- Renewable energy
- Indigenous renewable energy
- Pests, threats and diseases