This set of resources will help you
- seek scholarships and observe the scholarship rules
- seek other sources of funding to support your research now or in the future
- develop a budget for your research
Many PhD candidates--especially if they are enrolled full-time and have achieved an Honours first class, completed a Masters by Research, or equivalent--will receive a scholarship. To learn more about scholarships, consider the information in the following table.
|Document to read||Contents of this document|
|Discusses the most common scholarship, called an RTP stipend, worth approximately $27 500 at CDU|
|Imparts insights on how to increase the likelihood you will be accepted into a research degree--and will receive a scholarship|
|Presents information on whether you might be eligible to receive the Australian Award Scholarship--available if you have yet to enrol and you live in Indonesia, the Pacific, or a nearby nation.|
- Some candidates might receive payment as part of a grant their supervisor has received, such as an NHMRC or ARC grant
- Some candidates will receive scholarships from other bodies, such as the Endeavour Fellowship
Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidate and interested in scholarships, visit this website. After answering fewer than 10 simple questions, the website will present a whole series of grants in which you might be eligible. To help you use this website, note that
- sometimes, the website will present opportunities in which you are not eligible; that is, unsuitable grants are not always omitted. So, you still need to read the details.
- occasionally, the website will present opportunities in which the deadline has passed. So, check the deadlines as well.
- the first time you apply, seek advice from someone with some experience in submitting funding applications. This person can help you, for example, promote yourself effectively, verify that you are Indigenous, and complete the questions.
How to prepare a budget
You need to prepare a budget to enrol and to complete your confirmation of candidature. To clarify how to prepare a budget, read