Donor: YRC Trust
Max value: Higher Education student: $8,000 full time enrolment; $4,000 part time enrolment; VET student; $2,000 full time enrolment; $1,000 part time enrolment
Payment: Higher Education student - full time $4,000 per semester, part time $2,000 per semester; VET student $1,000 per semester full time; $500 per semester part time
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support in order to encourage Australian Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander students in the Yilli rreung region to complete a bachelor degree in business, commerce or accounting.
Number of Scholarships available: Two (2)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Digital Enterprise or enrolled in a VET Certificate IV or higher in Business or Accounting
- Must be an Indigenous Australian
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory and reside in Greater Darwin, Palmerston, Batchelor or the Adelaide River Region
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study. VET students must demonstrate an interest in pursuing Business or Accounting as a career path
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Demonstrate commitment to the NT and an intention to use your skills in this area
- Demonstrate some research into the life of Karmi Dunn-Sceney and an affiliation with her goals and achievements.
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.