Donor: Department of Environment and Natural Resources
Max value: $3,000
Payment: $1,500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to a student enrolled full time in an environmental science course and to honour Ms. Singer's contributions during a career spanning more than thirty years, to environmental protection throughout the Territory.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education or Vocational Education and Training (VET) course in Environmental Science
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate your participation in promoting the aesthetic and environmental health of the NT environment
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record (for Higher Education students this means an academic record of credit average or above)
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.