Donor: CDU Aspire Program – Student Engagement and Success
Max value: $10,000
Payment: $5,000 in the first year, then $2,500 per semester in Semester 1 and 2 of the subsequent year
Duration: Four (4) semesters
Purpose: The Aspire Scholarship is to assist transition to university, provide support for the first two years of higher education studies and enable a successful university experience. The Aspire Scholarship provides financial support to students who have been part of CDU’s Aspire program in senior secondary school and are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree at Charles Darwin University.
Number of Scholarships available: Two (2)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
Additional benefits: In addition to financial support, students will also receive holistic support from the Student Engagement team including counselling, academic support, assistance with accommodation, and career advice. Successful applicants are expected to check-in with the Aspire team in the start, middle and end of every semester.
- Must have actively participated in and graduated from the CDU Aspire Program
- Must be a student commencing their first bachelor’s degree with CDU in the scholarship application period
- Must be enrolled in the first year of a bachelor’s degree
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate how this scholarship will support success in your studies
- Demonstrate community involvement through membership or participation in organisations, teams or groups
- Demonstrate commitment to the NT and an intention to use your skills in this area
- Demonstrate a willingness to become an ambassador for the CDU Aspire Program in your second year of study
- Acknowledge that regular engagement with the CDU Aspire team at the start, middle and end of every semester form part of the on-going requirements of this scholarship
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.