Donor: Charles Darwin University
Max value: $4,000
Payment: The payment will be made towards Semester 2 2020 tuition fees
Duration: One (1) semester
Purpose: The scheme is designed to support continuing students by providing financial aid to assist with successful course progression. Support will be distributed to recipients who have been assessed as demonstrating the greatest need.
Scholarship funds will be used to cover the recipient’s outstanding tuition fee.
Number of Scholarships available: TBA
Application period: Mon, 29-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 10-07-20, 15:00
Special Conditions: Recipients awarded this scholarship on an approved payment plan must meet the payment schedule as previously agreed upon.
- Must be a continuing Higher Education student enrolled in at least 30 credit points in Semester 2* or a continuing VET student enrolled full-time* in Terms 3 and/or 4
- Must be classified as an International student
- Must be in good financial standing with the University
*unless otherwise approved for a reduced study load
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Provide a statement explaining hardship experienced due to COVID-19 and include all relevant supporting documents:
- Impact on employment
- Impact on anticipated income e.g. unable to access finances due to home country shut-down
- Impact on living circumstances
- Expenses related to transition to online study
- Preference will be given to students who intended to study on campus but were required to stay offshore or interstate for Semester 2 due to travel restrictions
- Preference may be given to applicants not in receipt of another scholarship
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.