Donor: Charles Darwin University
Max value: $2,000
Payment: $2,000 one-off payment
Duration: One (1) semester
Purpose: To provide financial support to students who may face financial difficulties whilst undergoing compulsory placement or simulation units.
Number of Scholarships available: Five (5)+
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education undergraduate course
- Must be enrolled in one or more of these compulsory placement units
- Must have confirmation of placement or simulation block
- Must have not previously received this award for the same unit(s)
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate how this scholarship will assist you in successfully completing the compulsory placement unit(s)
- Demonstrate challenges faced as a result of this unit enrolment such as:
- temporary relocation
- transport requirements
- child care requirements
- reduction in wage
- uniform requirements
- Demonstrate a financial, cultural, geographic or social disadvantage
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.