Donor: Charles Darwin University
Max value: $500
Payment: $500 per semester
Duration: Duration: One (1) semester
Purpose: To provide financial support to students who may face challenges when completing their studies and to further develop the equitable and inclusive environment at Charles Darwin University.
Number of Scholarships available: Five (5)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education undergraduate course
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate a financial, cultural or social disadvantage
- Demonstrate any challenges faced in relation to study
- Outline career or progression intentions on completion of the course
- Demonstrate residence in or strong connections with Regional or Remote locations in Australia
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.