Max value: $5,000
Payment: $2,500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: Consistent with the company’s values, Santos is committed to supporting the education of future engineering professionals through financial awards and development opportunities. This scholarship has been established to reward high-performing students interested in pursuing a career in the energy industry.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in the either the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering Science or Bachelor of Engineering Honours specialising in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must be a continuing student and completed between 40 to 160 credit points
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- Must not have been previously awarded this scholarship
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Selection will be based on academic merit and responses submitted in the application form
- Indigenous students are strongly encouraged to apply
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.