Donor: Territory Families
Max value: $14,000 - Higher Education; $2,500 - VET
Payment: $1,750 per semester - Higher Education, $1,250 per semester - VET
Duration: Eight (8) semesters - Higher Education , Two (2) semesters - VET
Purpose: To provide financial support to a student who has resettled in Australia as a humanitarian or refugee entrant to undertake study to enhance their employment and general life outcomes.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1) - Higher Education, Two (2) - VET
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
- Must be a past or current Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education or Vocational Education and Training course (Diploma or Certificate IV)
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background and reasons why you are applying for a scholarship
- Provide reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions, including employment goals
- Demonstrate commitment to the NT through work, family or community involvement
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.