Donor: Department of Treasury and Finance
Max value: $15,000
Payment: $2,500 per semester
Duration: Six (6) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support and encourage student participation at Charles Darwin University and in the Territory workforce by providing financial assistance during the study semester and paid work experience during semester breaks.
Number of Scholarships available: Two (2)
Application period: Mon, 03-06-19, 08:00 - - Fri, 02-08-19, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce specialising in Accounting or Economics, or the Bachelor of Business specialising in Economics
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory who resides in Darwin
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record of credit average or above, or evidence of strong performance in Year 12. Academic records for the past 2 years to be included in your application (for non current CDU students)
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to secondary and/or tertiary study
- Demonstrate how you intend to contribute to the Department of Treasury and Finance through your studies and future aspirations
- Undertake paid work placements of 6 to 12 weeks during semester breaks
- Provide names and contact details of two referees (referees of short-listed candidates will be contacted)
- Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.