Donor: Destination Australia – an Australian Government initiative
Max value: $30,000
Payment: $15,000 per year
Duration: Up to two (2) years
Purpose: To provide financial support to domestic students who choose to study in regional and rural Australia
Number of Scholarships available: Three (3)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
- Must be a student at Charles Darwin University commencing a new course in 2020
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be enrolled in a 2 year course with a qualification level from Certificate IV to a Doctoral Degree
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must complete 75% of their units internally for the duration of the course
- Must be enrolled at the Casuarina, Waterfront, Palmerston or Alice Springs campus
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Provide a statement detailing why you have chosen CDU and the Northern Territory to be your "Destination Australia"
- Demonstrate previous academic achievement
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Demonstrate financial hardship either by receiving a Centrelink (or other Commonwealth) means-tested income support payment (such as Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance etc), or provide evidence that you have a personal taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold for 2019/20 (currently $45,881 per year)
- Preference will be given to students who relocate to study in the Casuarina, Waterfront, Palmerston or Alice Springs campus for the whole duration of their study
Required supporting documents
It is a requirement to upload supporting documents as evidence of your financial hardship. Please supply at least one (1) of the following:
- Two (2) payslips demonstrating income below $45,881 per year
- Documentary evidence of having a taxable income below $45,881 per year
- Written confirmation of receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit which includes your Customer Reference Number (CRN)
Applications without any of the above supporting documents will not be ranked against this criteria.
Applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other educational institutions) to support your application.
Successful recipients will be asked to provide proof of residency in the NT such as utility bills, rates or rental agreement.
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2. The decision of awarding the successful recipient is at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee and is final and cannot be overturned.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.