Donor: Destination Australia – an Australian Government initiative
Max value: $60,000
Payment: $15,000 per year
Duration: Up to four (4) years
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to international students who choose to study in regional Australia
Number of Scholarships available: 20+
Application period: Wed, 04-12-19, 08:15 - - Sun, 19-01-20, 23:59
- Must be a new student at Charles Darwin University commencing in Semester 1 2020. (Previous students commencing a higher qualification are eligible to apply.)
- Must meet the University's academic and English language entry requirement for their chosen course
- Must be classified as an International student on a student visa
- Must be enrolled at the Casuarina, Waterfront or Palmerston campus
- Must have a minimum overall score of 80% in their highest completed qualification
- Must not hold another scholarship from an Australian or foreign sponsoring agency
- Must be enrolled full-time in a qualification level from Certificate IV to a Doctoral degree
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- What is the overall score (as a percentage) of your highest completed qualification?
- Provide a statement of 500 words or less why you have chosen CDU and the Northern Territory to be your "Destination Australia"
Required supporting documents
Applicants are required to submit proof of previous strong academic performance (from high school or other educational institutions) to support your application.
Applications without any of the above supporting documents will not be ranked against this criteria.
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee.
Assessments are usually completed by mid-February for Semester 1. The decision of awarding the successful recipient is at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee and is final and cannot be overturned.
Notification to applicants
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.