Donor: City of Darwin
Max value: $3,000
Payment: $1,500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support and work experience to students enrolled in an environmental course at Charles Darwin University and to honour George’s contribution to the environmental development of Darwin.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
Work Placement: The recipient will complete paid vocational employment with City of Darwin in the semester breaks throughout the year of scholarship support.
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education Environmental Science course or a VET course specialising in horticulture, land management or environmental science
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate interest in the aesthetic and/or environmental health of the Darwin environment
- Outline career or progression intentions on completion of the course
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2. The decision of awarding the successful recipient is at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee and is final and cannot be overturned.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.