Donor: CDU - International House Darwin
Max value: $1,000
Payment: $500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to continuing students who demonstrate strong community focus as a resident of International House Darwin
Number of Scholarships available: Five (5)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 27-03-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education course
- Must be enrolled fulltime for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a current resident at International House Darwin (and remain a resident for the duration of this scholarship)
- Must have completed at least two semesters (excluding summer semester and semester 3) while in residence at International House Darwin
- Must not be a recipient of the International House Darwin Academic Scholarship in the same scholarship period
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate an active and relevant community involvement through membership or participation in organisations, teams or groups
- Demonstrate leadership in the community
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.