Donor: Majarlin Kimberley Centre for Remote Health
Max value: $40,000
Payment: $5,000 per semester
Duration: Up to eight (8) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to students from the Kimberley region to study an accredited Higher Education course within the Allied Health or Nursing and Midwifery professions. It is intended that the scholarship will assist in addressing some of the financial limitations that may be associated with living in rural or remote locations.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
Special Conditions: Scholarship recipients will undertake a clinical placement in the Kimberley region organised through the Majarlin Kimberley Centre for Remote Health. The placement must be at least a four-week duration and approved by the CDU College.
Recipients must also agree to participate in any publications, media and events related to the award of the Majarlin Kimberley Centre for Remote Health Scholarship and in research which evaluates the scholarship program and tracks scholarship recipients’ workplace locations.
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education course within the Allied Health or Nursing or Midwifery professions – see eligible courses
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a current or past resident of the Kimberley region of Australia. Providing proof of three years' attendance at a Kimberley school is required.
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to undertake a clinical placement in the Kimberley region organised through the Majarlin Kimberley Centre for Remote Health
- Demonstrate commitment and determination to work in a health profession in a rural or remote location at the completion of their course, ideally in the Kimberley region
- Demonstrate a satisfactory academic achievement and be in Good Standing
- Demonstrate leadership and community engagement
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.