Donor: NEC Australia
Max value: $10,000
Payment: $5,000 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to a student studying Information Technology who demonstrates a commitment to pursuing a career in Information Technology in the Northern Territory.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
Work Placement: The scholarship includes a paid work placement at NEC during semester breaks in Darwin and some regional centres. The scholarship may also lead to graduate opportunities with NEC Australia in the NT.
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education Information Technology course - see eligible courses
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Northern Territory and an intention to use your skills in this area and a career in information technology in the Northern Territory
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record of credit average or above
- Be able to attend a work placement for a minimum of 6 weeks
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Indigenous Australian are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate an interest or a specialisation in Cyber Security
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.