Donor: Newmont Goldcorp
Max value: $2,500
Payment: $1,250 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to a Central Australian to complete a Vocational Education Training course at Alice Springs CDU campus in order to positively influence the surrounding Warlpiri and Tanami areas.
Number of Scholarships available: Two (2)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
- Must be enrolled in a VET Community Services or Education course at the Alice Springs campus – see eligible courses
- Must be an Indigenous Australian
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate your association with the Warlpiri people of Central Australian Language Group (CALG)
- Demonstrate commitment and intention to use skills in the Priority Warlpiri Communities of Lajamanu, Yuendumu, Willowra and/or Nyirrpi or Central Australia inclusive of Alice Springs
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Demonstrate capability with the Newmont values
- Preference will be given to students from the Priority Warlpiri communities listed above or those with a cultural affiliation to the Warlpiri People and residing in the broader Tanami Area of Influence
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.