Donor: Territory Families
Max value: $52,000
Payment: $6,500 per semester
Duration: Eight (8) semesters
Purpose: To financially support Territorians studying to be front line Child Protection Practitioners and to offer them valuable and relevant workplace experience to further supplement their education
Number of Scholarships available: There are five (5) places available with three (3) priority places allotted for Indigenous students
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
Work Placement: Successful students will complete any practical units, as required by their course, with Territory Families. Successful students will also complete 6- 12 weeks of vacation work, annually, during the semester breaks which will be paid at the Northern Territory Public Sector Administrative Officer 2 wage in accordance with the Northern Territory Public Sector 2017-2021 Enterprise Agreement
- Must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Social Work Honours, Bachelor of Psychological Sciences, Bachelor of Psychological Sciences (Graduate Entry), Bachelor of Psychological Sciences Honours or the Master of Psychology
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record
- Demonstrate an interest in completing a work placement with the Department
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Demonstrate commitment to the NT and an intention to use your skills in this area
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.