Donor: Freemasons of the Top End through the Freemasons Foundation
Max value: $1,000
Duration: One (1) semester
Purpose: To provide financial support to a students in the Top End studying at Charles Darwin University.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory and reside in the Top End
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education or Vocational Education course
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Demonstrate a financial, cultural or social disadvantage
- Preference will be given to applicants with residential or family connections in the Top End outside the Greater Darwin Area in general and in the Katherine area in particular
- Demonstrate commitment to the NT and an intention to use your skills in this area
- Preference will be given to applicants in their second or later year of study
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.