Donor: Vocus Group Ltd
Max value: $5,000
Payment: $2,500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To build local capacity in the Northern Territory Information and Communications Technology Industry.
Number of Scholarships available: Two (2)
Application period: Mon, 04-11-19, 08:15 - - Fri, 06-03-20, 15:00
Work Placement: The selected recipient may be offered paid work placement on a case by case basis. Any placements offered will be arranged during semester breaks.
Other Benefits: The scholarship is intended to fund the recipients' course fees, laptop and other equipment needs.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate level Information Technology (IT) course
- Must be a resident of the Northern Territory
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate an interest in completing a work placement with the scholarship donor and describe how this will assist in your studies and goals
- Demonstrate passion, ability and initiative in your approach to study
- Provide a short biography which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for a scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Australian Indigenous students are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to students who have completed at least 80 credit points of their relevant course
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the selection committee for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.