Donor: Waratah Cricket Club
Max value: $5,000
Payment: $2,500 per semester
Duration: Two (2) semesters
Purpose: To provide financial support to talented young people in order to achieve their education goals at Charles Darwin University while achieving their sporting goals as an active member of the Waratah Cricket Club.
Number of Scholarships available: One (1)
Application period: Mon, 01-06-20, 08:15 - - Fri, 31-07-20, 15:00
Special conditions and additional information: The successful recipient will commit to representing the Waratah Cricket Club as an active playing member in the 2020 NT Cricket Season. Full membership fees, with a value of $350, will be waived for the successful recipient. Both female and male cricketers are encouraged to apply
- Must be enrolled in a Higher Education or Vocational Education and Training (VET) course
- Must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be an resident of the Northern Territory who resides in Darwin
Your written statement must address each of the selection criteria in order to rank in the selection process.
- Demonstrate a high-level of cricket playing ability and a current or recent membership with a local or international cricket club or association
- Provide a short summary of your life which includes details of your background, reasons why you are applying for this scholarship, reasons for choosing your area of study, and details of your future plans and ambitions
- Provide two references from your home cricket club or association demonstrating high level cricket accomplishments and aspirations. Each written reference must include the name, title, club or school and contact number of the referee at the top of the page. The referee must comment on his or her personal knowledge of your cricketing skills and accomplishments
- Provide a statement demonstrating your desire to represent the Waratah Cricket Club as an active playing member in the 2020 NT Cricket Season
The Scholarships Guide will give you advice on other information to include in your statement.
You can upload documents to support your application (each file must not exceed 2MB).
Past and present CDU students do not need to upload academic transcripts. All other applicants are strongly advised to submit proof of previous academic performance (from high school or other universities) to support your application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
After pressing submit of the application form, you will immediately receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application. Within 3 business days you will receive a confirmation email from the scholarships office which will inform you that either you:
- Meet the eligibility criteria and will be submitted to the panel for ranking of your selection criteria responses, or;
- Are required to submit further documentation in order to progress your application to the assessment stage.
Assessment of applications
Your application will be assessed by a selection committee. If the scholarship includes a work placement you may be required to attend an interview with the workplace employer.
Assessments are usually completed by the end of April for Semester 1 and the end of August for Semester 2.
Notification to applicants
All applicants will receive email notification regarding the success of their application.
This scholarship is to be read in conjunction with the Donor Scholarship Policy.
More questions? Search ASK CDU to find out more about scholarships.