Step 6 - My Commonwealth Assistance form

Please note: international students and TEP students don’t need to complete this step.

You must complete the Commonwealth Assistance form if:

  • you are a new student enrolling in the course for the first time
  • you are a continuing student, currently paying your fees upfront and wish to defer your fees to HECS-HELP
  • you are a continuing student and are currently deferring your fees to HECS-HELP and wish to pay them upfront.

You will need to provide your tax file number.

Please read through each section carefully and answer appropriately. Some of the information on this form is pre-populated with your details.

If you are eligible for HECS-HELP assistance you must complete section 8. If you are not eligible for HECS-HELP assistance you must complete section 9

If you are unsure of your eligibility please go to the Study Assist Website.

When you have finished, save your changes by clicking the "Submit" button.

Note: You can only make changes to your Commonwealth Assistance form until the census date for any given teaching period. Any changes after the census date will only affect future semesters.