This section provides a variety of examples of how your student group can provide support evidence for your event/ activity, such as event photos, attendance sheet and receipts.
If CDU is funding your events and activities, we need evidence that the money is being spent as intended.
Before your event:
- Make copies of all receipts (i.e. scan them) and keep both the originals and copies in a safe place
- Retain any invoices and proof of payment of the invoice
- Create a budget for the event, including ticket prices. If you require assistance, the student groups support team are here to help.
The necessary components of a receipt are highlighted in the above examples:
- Company/ supplier name
- Date of issue/ purchase
- Itemised breakdown of purchase
- GST information
- Total amount paid
If you are submitting a receipt that contains both student group purchases and personal purchases (such as snacks for a group event purchased in the same transaction as groceries), you must distinguish between the two categories of purchases (either by annotating the receipt or by explaining in the income and expenditure spreadsheet).
At your event:
- Have all attendees sign the attendance list (University students must sign this to ensure your funding is maintained)
- This is especially important if the student group is providing alcohol at the event
- The list should contain full names, student numbers, signatures. Also remember to include date, student group name and activity at the top of every sheet. You can use the student group template attendance form.
- Take photos of your event. These photos should show attendees at the event participating in activities.
Correct Attendance Sheet Example
This attendance form features the name of the student group, the activity held, the date of the activity, and the names and details of attendees. Note that you would be expected to submit the complete scanned form.
Incorrect Attendance Sheet Example
There are four major issues with this attendance sheet:
- Student numbers are missing or incomplete. While this is acceptable for events where non-university students are in attendance. However, funding does depend on student attendance, therefore student engagement is important.
- Signatures are missing from some attendees. They will not be counted for the purpose of receiving funding.
- The handwriting strongly suggest that one individual person has filled out the attendance form.
Remember that an incorrect or incomplete attendance form will affect further funding as University student participation is a key performance indicator for the funding student groups receive.
Please ensure when you are documenting your event that the photos are:
- Clear photos
- Showing the activity in progress and clearly displaying your student groups logo/ banner at the activity
- Showing evidence of attendances at your activity
Incorrect activity photos may lead to your funding application being denied or penalised, particularly if you regularly submit no or incorrect photos.
After your event:
Submit the following to the student groups support team:
- An invoice for any reimbursements that are required to be processed along with supporting proof of purchases
- Scans of all receipts providing the total expenses of the activity (final budget)
- The completed attendance list from the event
- Photos of the event showing the event took place which you authorise the University to use in promotional material and on the University Student Groups webpage
- A brief statement about your event/activity and what the outcomes/achievements were in line with the University values and your student groups mission. It's useful and important to reflect on what went well and what didn’t for future development (500 words)
Submissions of the above are required within seven (7) business days of the event conclusion.