Preparation for Tertiary Success (PTS) is a tertiary enabling course providing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with a culturally supported pathway to university readiness. The course integrates Indigenous and Western knowledges and the development of life-long learning skills such as: coping with change, making meaningful links, asking critical questions, expressing creativity, strengthening learning relationships, building resilience and developing strategic learning awareness.
This program introduces you to the culture of higher education and builds the academic skills needed to achieve success in your studies.
This course is for you if:
- you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- you have not completed year 12;
- you have completed year 12 but did not receive the required ATAR score;
- you have completed a Certificate III or IV course or can demonstrate sufficient skills and knowledge to undertake studies;
- you have not studied for a long time and want to refresh your academic skills.